• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There is one reason this Cam Newton draw play didn't work.

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

I thought we were gonna get away from those type runs this season? It felt like Shula called that game Sunday

Why would we get away from something that works?  That's dumb.  It was a good call against that defense.  It was a *very* simple scheme.  All the tackle has to do is let his guy get outside leverage and ride him around and it's easy money.  The rest of the play was blocked up well and would have gone for a nice gain.

Yet somehow we continue to play guys who have no business even on the roster.  I get that we may have had issues, but frankly Tyler Larsen would probably have blocked that up better despite is poor feet.

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

You cant tell me theres no one else out there on someone practice squad thats worse.

31 other teams told Amini.  A few, had OL as bad if not qorse shape than us.

Theres other options out there.

Amini is just Ron and Hurneys boy

Yes. Ron for some reason loves Amini. Maybe he black mailed him?

we did just trade for Robinson so maybe he can play tackle. Problem is he has to learn the system and playbook and I believe he could be injured.

they could sign an offensive linemen but will someone sign a one year deal? Is there anyone good that is a FA? Honestly I think they should just move Turner to RT and let Amini or Mahon play G.

hopefully Williams injury isn’t that bad and he will be back soon.

6 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Why would we get away from something that works?  That's dumb.  It was a good call against that defense.  It was a *very* simple scheme.  All the tackle has to do is let his guy get outside leverage and ride him around and it's easy money.  The rest of the play was blocked up well and would have gone for a nice gain.

Yet somehow we continue to play guys who have no business even on the roster.  I get that we may have had issues, but frankly Tyler Larsen would probably have blocked that up better despite is poor feet.

How often has the QB draw actually "worked" like you say, its probably one of our least effective running plays by Cam and has been for years.

And why would we get away from it you ask, well cause all offseason I've heard about how Cam won't be running much this season especially on designed runs, they have been saying this last season also. These runs lead Cam to take unnecessary hits, and if you haven't notice after every Cam run he's usually exhausted and the next play is either an incomplete pass or a run by the RB that goes no where.

Just now, GoobyPls said:

How often has the QB draw actually "worked" like you say, its probably one of our least effective running plays by Cam and has been for years.

And why would we get away from it you ask, well cause all offseason I've heard about how Cam won't be running much this season especially on designed runs, they have been saying this last season also. These runs lead Cam to take unnecessary hits, and if you haven't notice after every Cam run he's usually exhausted and the next play is either an incomplete pass or a run by the RB that goes no where.

Actually, no, they haven't been saying anything of the sort.  That was *last* season.  This offseason, the mantra has been to make Cam "the best version of himself he can possibly be."  That doesn't mean taking out the things that make him Cam - which is largely designed runs.

We have to accept that Cam is going to run the ball, on purpose, multiple times per game.  That's who he is.  If you want Cam to suddenly become Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson you're going to be disappointed.

Norv has figured it out.  Stop trying to make Cam something he isn't.  For a guy with his experience to understand that and make it happen is a testament to his flexibility.  The rest of us need to do the same thing.  Understand that our QB is going to do things that other QB's don't do.  And it's ok.

There is only one thing "wrong" with this play, and it's the completely whiffed assignment by a lineman.

Archived