• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The era of Ian Thomas

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

The routes we have him running are not Olsen routes. If you notice he does a lot of across the face of the LB/S's. We have him running routes across the field utilizing his athleticism. 

I am curious to see if IT is able to identify and settle in zones, and how he operates up the seam with awareness of the gap between safety and LB.

Also, Greg has the ability to play in slot and out wide. So much to see if the rook can do it.

Very good point. Hopefully he can run posts and the like and we will be just fine.

2 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Very good point. Hopefully he can run posts and the like and we will be just fine.

Well, there's routes and there's routes...

Asking Thomas to run a pre-designed route like Olsen, that's fine.

Asking Thomas to be able to read and adjust his routes based on what he sees in the defense while also having the chemistry with Newton for the two of them to be on the same page?  That doesn't come so easy.  It takes time.

That's the kind of thing you lose with Olsen out.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, there's routes and there's routes...

Asking Thomas to run a pre-designed route like Olsen, that's fine.

Asking Thomas to be able to read and adjust his routes based on what he sees in the defense while also having the chemistry with Newton for the two of them to be on the same page?  That doesn't come so easy.  It takes time.

That's the kind of thing you lose with Olsen out.

Very true. From what I have read of Thomas it sounds like they have faith he will be like Olsen one day. The talent is all there and I think he will be solid for us.

6 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Very true. From what I have read of Thomas it sounds like they have faith he will be like Olsen one day. The talent is all there and I think he will be solid for us.

Agreed.  As far as the talent/knowledge ratio, Thomas is still heavy on the talent side.  Experience will help balance that out, but obviously you don't get a year's worth of experience in a week.

Archived