• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The era of Ian Thomas

Jeremy Igo

The routes we have him running are not Olsen routes. If you notice he does a lot of across the face of the LB/S's. We have him running routes across the field utilizing his athleticism. 

I am curious to see if IT is able to identify and settle in zones, and how he operates up the seam with awareness of the gap between safety and LB.

Also, Greg has the ability to play in slot and out wide. So much to see if the rook can do it.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope he plays really well, but even if he plays really well for a rookie TE, that's going to still be a significant downgrade from Olsen.

Agreed.

Much as I hate to say it though, the reality is that Greg Olsen probably wasn't going to be "Greg Olsen" this year either.

The true professional that Olsen is will help I. Thomas out greatly.   If GO is out for very long expect him to be in Thomas's ear after every series teaching him and explaining more and more to him.  

OJT on the fly.   He will be good and a have good weapon.

I honestly don't believe that he believed he would be in the #1 TE role in week one.   

12 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

We all got so excited when he caught that crossing route.

My friend and I started yelling, this being the first time in god knows how long a rookie tight end was doing anything.

There was so much green ahead of him.

Then he went to turn it up field and everyone, defenders, large bugs, a glacier, caught up with him. 

tbf when is the last time Olsen outran anyone or made anyone miss with the ball

Archived