• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Cowboys fans are saying

Jeremy Igo

Every week during the regular season I bring to you the highs and lows of what opposing fan bases are saying about the upcoming game. This week, I visited Cowboys Zone for their take on the game. 

Here is what I found. 

Carolina is fav by 3, but with cowboys so new and no experience working together, I think
Carolina will win and it might not be close.
I also think Cowboys will want to try their new receivers so much they will pass more than run, which
isnt good.
I also think their execution wont be good this first game.

So, I was actually pretty shocked the usually cocky cowboys fans are concerned about this game. Things must be really bad out there. The overall sentiment on their board is a Cowboys loss is coming. In a way, this concerns me. Rivera has a real talent for keeping games close that should really not be. 

But then... 

Dallas 27
Carolina 17

Our front 7 is legit and their OL is more compromised than ours. Pressure is 100% on them to win at home— most have this game as a road L for Dallas— so I think Dallas plays loose and fast, Carolina plays a bit tight and conservative and the Dallas offense does enough right to send an early message to the NFC that they are here to play

It is true that all of the pressure is on Carolina here. No one is expecting much out of Dallas at all. Can;t really argue against this, could happen. So many unknowns on both sides. 

Expecting a big game from our D especially with the OL problems the Panthers are having. 

This is the Panthers worst case scenerio. If the offensive line cannot hold up, not only will they lose the game but risk losing their franchise quarterback. Pray that Williams and Moton start and look like the next coming of Gross and Wharton. 

We will win, and then come home and lose to another 50-50 crowd who's home fans are more interested in doing The Wave and calling their friends to tell them that they may be on TV.

This is interesting. Even Cowboys fans are complaining that the home crowds are mixed with opposing fans. This is the days of stubhub and amazing home theater systems. Profit from selling tickets and watch the game in comfort on a huge screen. I don't think that genie is going back in the bottle anytime soon. Mixed crowds are here to stay. 

Many Cowboys fans have been cynical for years so the mixed response is not surprising. Some of it is due to Jerry Jones, some Jason Garrett, and some with the Romo fallout and other roster changes.

A lot of them don't even like for Troy Aikman to call Cowboys games, which happens pretty often.

The fan YouTube videos are more interesting. 

40 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Gonna be a busy couple of months for Cowboys “fans” - their Yankees will be in the playoffs, Norte Dame and Alabama are off to good starts, and basketball season is right around the corner so they have duke and the warriors to get ready for. 

Lakers are back now after signing Lebron, so Lakers to get ready for

11 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Yea living in Texas I'm around a bunch of Cowboys fans, strangely they are pretty pessimistic right now. I think the Cowboys have the same problem Panthers fans have with their older white fanbase hesitant to root for a black QB.

Huh????  They're pessimistic bec they have a black QB?  Really?

I seem to remember them going nuts Dak's rookie season because they were lighting it up.  They're pessimistic because they know they probably aren't very good.

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Gonna be a busy couple of months for Cowboys “fans” - their Yankees will be in the playoffs, Norte Dame and Alabama are off to good starts, and basketball season is right around the corner so they have duke and the warriors to get ready for. 

Cowboys fans are dook fans... but then.. dook fans pull for other CFB teams so..

I should read your entire post before opening my mouth :eyeroll:

20 minutes ago, Skack25 said:

Cowboys fans are dook fans... but then.. dook fans pull for other CFB teams so..

I should read your entire post before opening my mouth :eyeroll:

Cowboy fans LOVE the blue devils. And much like other 99% of the duke basketball fan base, they are all sporting different colors come college FB season. 

Archived