• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting 5 OL

ericr0319

49 minutes ago, RumHam said:

how bout breaking the bank on a corner that failed a physical?

To be fair, there was no way to know that was going to happen.

6 minutes ago, PntherPryd said:

Why is it important to announce the starter?  Let the cowboys guess.

Valid.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

It hasn't been officially announced but general consensus has been Moton, Van Roten, Kalil, Turner, and Robinson.

With Williams now reported to be practicing, there's a chance he could start at the right tackle spot. I just really really hope they aren't rushing him back.

In regard to Robinson, I certainly hope he's healthy. I can't think of a more dumbass move than signing an injured guy as depth to an already banged up offensive line. I'd like to think we're not that stupid.

As a football fan, I sincerely hope they don't rush him back, if the injury was as bad as described, I don't see how he could be effective. There's also the factor of not being in game shape. You don't want him exhausted with the 50th snap, lose technique and get re-injured. Man has years of good football left, wouldn't risk that for a game or two before he's ready.

If he's somehow ready  to go, then yeah, just don't see it. 

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

As a football fan, I sincerely hope they don't rush him back, if the injury was as bad as described, I don't see how he could be effective. There's also the factor of not being in game shape. You don't want him exhausted with the 50th snap, lose technique and get re-injured. Man has years of good football left, wouldn't risk that for a game or two before he's ready.

If he's somehow ready  to go, then yeah, just don't see it. 

Already saw that backfire, in Washington I think...

Yeah, don't want to see that here.

49 minutes ago, Millioso7 said:

Amini should not start over Van Roten healthy or not.. and Larsen should be the 6th man off bench personally.. William looks determined for a return but idk that we should rush it..

Williams may be a case where the Panthers need to save a player from himself. I'm sure Williams' contract status is playing into his mindset and he's pushing to get back on the field, but the Panthers should make sure he's truly ready before putting him out there. 

21 hours ago, trueblade said:

Williams may be a case where the Panthers need to save a player from himself. I'm sure Williams' contract status is playing into his mindset and he's pushing to get back on the field, but the Panthers should make sure he's truly ready before putting him out there. 

I think this is more determined by the staff than Williams saying he feels good. If all medical signs show he is healthy than he is healthy. 

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

How can one tweet make you so happy and yet so revolted at the same time? WTF is Rivera lumping those two together for any reason? Is he trying to fug with us fans or does he think that being coy with Amini will do anything other than really excite an opponent?

@Ron Rivera We only care if Daryl’s healthy. Just kneecap the other one who shalt not be named. 

That's crazy I felt the same way, he needs to stop acting like Amini has value. And I just read we released Sirles with a injury settlement wtff he has potential hands down more then Amini im confused about that whole situation.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

How can one tweet make you so happy and yet so revolted at the same time? WTF is Rivera lumping those two together for any reason? Is he trying to fug with us fans or does he think that being coy with Amini will do anything other than really excite an opponent?

@Ron Rivera We only care if Daryl’s healthy. Just kneecap the other one who shalt not be named. 

Agreed, he is really pissing me off. Hell, Im on my last nerve with rivera honestly. His decision making is dreadful but when you try to hold him accountable on here all you here is a "coach of the year" and "winning seasons". I dont think he does hardly anything outside being a great player coach and when he does make decisions they are always bad. I just know amini better not be walking on the field as a starter sunday or shits gonna hit the fan. 

Maybe they're hyping Amini bc the potential healthy combo has Van Roten at RT? 

Moton-Van Roten-Kalil-Turner-Williams should be our set starting lineup moving forward, no changes.  VR showed too much already that was miles bettet than Amini.    

Amini would not be on another team if it wasn't for us.  Just like Bell ad Chandler.  Don't forget the Bears and Seahawks ditched him in different ways.  No one else wanted him.  He's here for like the 3rd time.

29 minutes ago, davos said:

Maybe they're hyping Amini bc the potential healthy combo has Van Roten at RT? 

Moton-Van Roten-Kalil-Turner-Williams should be our set starting lineup moving forward, no changes.  VR showed too much already that was miles bettet than Amini.    

Amini would not be on another team if it wasn't for us.  Just like Bell ad Chandler.  Don't forget the Bears and Seahawks ditched him in different ways.  No one else wanted him.  He's here for like the 3rd time.

Bell is a packer

Archived