• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Cowboys at Panthers Predictions Thread!

Jeremy Igo

36 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Don't just give me a score. I want deets. 

Which QB performs better?

Who gets the TDs if any?

Does CMC shine?

Any interceptions?

Score: DAL 16 CAR 24;

QB: Newton and as a pure passer too. Makeshift OL will perform well and give him time;

TDs: Wright x 2; CMC; no idea on Dallas;

CMC: Shines but in the slot after getting little joy between the tackles;

Interceptions: No

24-17, Panthers up.

Cam has a better game than Dak.  Cam has more weapons, and those weapons will make a huge difference in his stat line.  

I dont know who gets the TDs, because for the first time in forever...we have weapons.  A pass to CMC in the flats?  CJ up the middle?  Funchess?  Olsen? Samuel?  Moore?  Who knows.  And that is a great feeling.

Will CMC shine?  I think he will get his yards, and have one great break away.  With so many targets available, he won't *have* to shine.  We don't need to feed him the ball.  We aren't reliant on CMC having a great game to win.  And once again...that is a great feeling.

INTs?  I would not be surprised if we each gave up one.  Whether a Cam overthrow (and yeah.  that does happen).  A new route runner maybe getting things a little off and some miscommunication (Cam throwing where the route runner should have been, for example).  Our front 7 forcing an INT, I dont think our DBs will get one "on their own".  

Panthers 24-17.

Cam has an okay day, makes the most out of short passing game, but rips one out there to Samuels for the biggest gain of the day. In the redzone he will rely on Olsen and Funchess with touchdowns to both.

CMC will be under 100 yards rushing, but will pick up 50+ in receiving.

Cam will take one rush into the end zone on a called run play. Gano will nail a 40-yarder.

Defense will give up a lot of yards between the 20s, but will hold the Cowboys in check in the red zone, actually preventing scores on two Cowboy possesions inside the 20.

O-line will give up two sacks early to heavy blitzing but short passing game will break up the pressure and get the Panthers moving again.

Definitely a winnable game at home. The trend recently in the NFL has been offensives being ahead of defenses early because of the reduction in full contact practice time during the off-season. With that said, their defense scares me. Gregory and Lawrence could ruin our game plan in a hurry and their secondary is young and talented. We will absolutely need to stick to the gameplan of getting the ball out quickly to our playmakers, especially anytime we get a favorable matchup against a linebacker. 

I like our matchups on defense across the board. We generally do well against teams with high workload backs like 'Zeke and none of their WRs scare me. I think the potential to really put a hurting on them is there, especially against a banged up line. We will win because of our defense dominating for most of the game.

I'm thinking a modest score of 24-6. The Cowboys offense could really struggle and I think we'll get things figured out enough to pull away late. If we lose, it'll be because we couldn't protect Cam and struggled to stop their running game.

If the Panthers don't commit costly turnovers I think they are 2 touchdowns better than the Cowboys at home.

Dallas bread and butter on offense is pounding the rock with Zeke, which is the strength of the Panthers front-7, can Dak beat us with his arm? how good is the Panthers secondary?

On the flip-side if the O-line can protect Cam which I think they will (did anyone see Moton and Van Roten this preseason) I think the Panthers should be able to move the ball against the Cowboys who also like us have questions in the defensive backfield.  In the end the Panthers have to much firepower.

Panthers - 28
Cowboys - 14 

3 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

If the Panthers don't commit costly turnovers I think they are 2 touchdowns better than the Cowboys at home.

Dallas bread and butter on offense is pounding the rock with Zeke, which is the strength of the Panthers front-7, can Dak beat us with his arm? how good is the Panthers secondary?

On the flip-side if the O-line can protect Cam which I think they will (did anyone see Moton and Van Roten this preseason) I think the Panthers should be able to move the ball against the Cowboys who also like us have questions in the defensive backfield.  In the end the Panthers have to much firepower.

Panthers - 28
Cowboys - 14 

Agree It won’t be close. I think cam is efficient with 70% completions Cmc goes off for 150 total yards and we win 28 to 6. No room for zeke to run as we jam the box and Luke buries him

Archived