• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Cowboys at Panthers Predictions Thread!

Jeremy Igo

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The good part? We've had success against elite running backs before. Heck, we successfully blunted the Saints two headed attack. If we can have that kind of performance again, it'd be great. 

Astutely observed.  Way more often than not, when we've faced a team with a "dominant" RB, our D has held them to well under their normal production.  Cases in point, last year's results: Blount, 67 yds; Martin, 71 and 7; Freeman, 46 and 23; Kamara, 37 and 60.  We didn't win all those games, but it wasn't the rushers who made any difference.

23 minutes ago, bigdavis said:

Astutely observed.  Way more often than not, when we've faced a team with a "dominant" RB, our D has held them to well under their normal production.  Cases in point, last year's results: Blount, 67 yds; Martin, 71 and 7; Freeman, 46 and 23; Kamara, 37 and 60.  We didn't win all those games, but it wasn't the rushers who made any difference.

We were always good against Adrian Peterson when he was at the top of his game too.

The only real variable on that front is a new defensive coordinator, but it's still Rivera in charge of the big picture, so...

24-23 Cowboys

Ive seen this movie to many times to count. Over confidence in our team despite some huge injuries and question marks at a position group that you can’t afford to have question marks at. 

Couple that with the fact that it is the Cowboys in the national Sunday afternoon spot. I fully expect some super bowl 50 esque officiating. 

I think we lead late Into the fourth 23-21, but Dallas drives the field against our defensive backs playing ten yards off only to give up a 40 yard game winner to Dan Baileys replacement. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm probably more concerned with how we handle Ezekiel Elliot than Dak Prescott, though if their line can protect him he's certainly capable of finding receivers.

The good part? We've had success against elite running backs before. Heck, we successfully blunted the Saints two headed attack. If we can have that kind of performance again, it'd be great.

Yeah our run defense is always stout and that won't change this year.  I think the interior pressure will help the ends and Dallas simply won't be able to do much on O.  Cam and CMC will have a number of big plays and who knows which receivers will make plays, but someone will, thats for sure.  Ball is going to be spread around a lot this year fellas 

Archived