• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Psssstttt..... We are one week away from the season opener

Jeremy Igo

Finally...game week!!!!!  Home opener against Dallas at 430.   Could it get any better?  Oh yea....and the midfield logo unveiling.  The Bank will be rocking!!!

Am calling it....Tepper pounds the drum.

I am soooooo excited.  Going to get my tailgating stuff in order today.  Sept 9 will be amazing.  All day party...all night celebration.

Here’s what I’m optimistic for: 

1. 3+ sack game by our ends (endless rotation of ends for that matter) and tons of QB pressure  by our newfounded interior of  Kawaan Short and Dontari Poe, where Prescott is running for his life and Elliot gives up and can’t run. 

Life after Dez Bryant and Jason Witten is miserable and this Michael Gallop kid, whom I’ve heard a lot of hype about does not make a name for himself; not today my nemesis. 

Luke will be Luke but Shaq returns one and puts a smile on my face because the Thomas Davis show won’t last forever. 

2. If there’s ever a time we need, “Quick releases and sticky hands” - Cam needs to get the ball out due to poor protection and our WRs needs to stretch their catch radius. Short gains turns into monster YAC. I’m looking at you DJ. 

Run CMC displays creativity because the holes will be tight. Devin catches a TD and aside from the man crush I have with Greg Olson, Ian Thomas slams the ball harder than Gronk announcing he has arrived on a stage that matters.

CJ crushes it at the goal line and will be our second coming of Stephen Davis.

If we can showcase these fine men, in these areas to alleviate our pain at O-line and in the secondary, I’ll be a happy camper. 

Week 1 will be the leading indicator on whether we shat ourselves or not. Here’s to the latter my friends. 

16 hours ago, DaTownPanther said:

Here’s what I’m optimistic for: 

1. 3+ sack game by our ends (endless rotation of ends for that matter) and tons of QB pressure  by our newfounded interior of  Kawaan Short and Dontari Poe, where Prescott is running for his life and Elliot gives up and can’t run. 

Life after Dez Bryant and Jason Witten is miserable and this Michael Gallop kid, whom I’ve heard a lot of hype about does not make a name for himself; not today my nemesis. 

Luke will be Luke but Shaq returns one and puts a smile on my face because the Thomas Davis show won’t last forever. 

2. If there’s ever a time we need, “Quick releases and sticky hands” - Cam needs to get the ball out due to poor protection and our WRs needs to stretch their catch radius. Short gains turns into monster YAC. I’m looking at you DJ. 

Run CMC displays creativity because the holes will be tight. Devin catches a TD and aside from the man crush I have with Greg Olson, Ian Thomas slams the ball harder than Gronk announcing he has arrived on a stage that matters.

CJ crushes it at the goal line and will be our second coming of Stephen Davis.

If we can showcase these fine men, in these areas to alleviate our pain at O-line and in the secondary, I’ll be a happy camper. 

Week 1 will be the leading indicator on whether we shat ourselves or not. Here’s to the latter my friends. 

lol. I hope all of that too...but you are trippin'

All teams have weaknesses--that is why cap management is so critical.  The secret to winning in the NFL is hiding your weaknesses and using your strengths to exploit the other team's weakness.

Heck, even in the preseason, teams instinctively do it.  Remember that first drive Buffalo had on us?  They went after Seymour--an ex-Bill.  They knew.  The former Panther DC turned head Bill knew.

We have something 66% of teams don;t have--a QB who has what it takes to win. 

We have Luke--who knows what the offense is doing before they do.

We suddenly have a stable full of WRs and 2 very good RBs.

I like our chances. 

3 hours ago, KB_fan said:

In terms of depth at both positions, I'd agree.

But in terms of starting talent, lots of potential...

Moton, Van Roten, R Kalil, Turner all look quite solid. The obvious problem is figuring out who's #5 while we wait for Williams to get back.

Barring finding a solid guy to add through cuts / trade it looks like we move Trai to RT for week 1 and start Larsen at RG.

Not optimal.

But if we can hold out for 3 games and get Daryl back after the bye...

Moton, Van Roten, Ryan, Turner, Williams could be a very good line.

As for the secondary, if Jackson and Gaulden both make rapid progress we should be ok. We don't know enough yet. But we do need another CB for depth.

That line is who should've been cemented in as starters prior to the injuries and has potential.  If this Robinson kid can hold averagely until Williams gets back (and we avoid further injury bugs), we could be in good shape.  Just someone take away Kalil and Amini's lockers or block them from entering BofA.  

Archived