• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do the Panthers have a pass rush?

Jeremy Igo

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The proper response to that is having a secondary (and sometimes linebackers) that can challenge receivers on those short quick routes.

Do we have that?

Would not surprise me to see not just a Buffalo nickel, but Buffalo dime defense, with Kuechly the only LB and Jones and Gaulden taking on hot routes. I also expect both Kuechly and Shaq to get at least a pick six each this year off of this quick passing attack.

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

My real question

Is Horton worth

Cutting Obada- a youngster who is rising

Or

Cutting Hall- last years 3rd rounder with high upside that had to sitout his rookie year much like Curtis Samuel due to injurys

Horton has been a jag, solid rotation player but thats about it.   I just dont think he's worth cutting a young guy like those 2.  And even though its just pennies.  Cutting him and keeping them saves us 1 mil

Not true.  Horton is better than Hardy.

And having Hall was justification for passing on Barnett.

smh

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I really don't think we know at this point. So much hinges on getting pressure with just the base 4 and not blitzing. 

Do the Panthers have the goods to get to the QB?

I think we will have to bring the LBs this year to get the pressure.  

We really haven’t been a team that can sit back and just bring 4 in awhile.  I think we see a lot of the a gap blitzes and whatnot we have incorporated so heavily the last few years.  

I'm not sure if it will matter as much as some people think.  

If we don't trust our secondary enough to press some, good teams and good QBs will dink and dunk us to death like we saw some in the preseason.

I don't care how great of personnel you have on your Dline, unless the o-lineman totally whiffs it takes 2-3 secs to get to the QB.

Our overall sack numbers might look ok but I'm afraid it is going to hurt us in games that matter.

Its been the same thing since ron been here. blitz to save the trashy ass secondary. Norman covered up some of the backfield in 2015 but they still had game that were shootouts.

And to be honest the front seven is good but certain teams always stop there pass rush. 

Pass rush is never great vs saints,atl. You can just feel when the qb have those 4-5 secs they are gonna light secondary up. poo happens every year. 

I know from stats the Ron's defense is top 5 but I have never felt like it was. It always feels like this secondary can get lit up at anytime. Defense always feels average to above average, never Elite.(Even in 2015)

Archived