• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do the Panthers have a pass rush?

Jeremy Igo

26 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I really don't think we know at this point. So much hinges on getting pressure with just the base 4 and not blitzing. 

Do the Panthers have the goods to get to the QB?

We had better hope so. Considering how bad our offensive line is our season depends on it. 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

We finished 3rd in the league last year with 50 team sacks.  Did we lose our pass rush?  Basically the same rotation and same 4 guys up front...Poe might be better than Star. 

Last year had a lot to do with heavy blitzing, rushing just the front 4 wasnt getting it done. And it looks like we are gonna be going away from that this year so thats why there is a reason to be concerned.

My real question

Is Horton worth

Cutting Obada- a youngster who is rising

Or

Cutting Hall- last years 3rd rounder with high upside that had to sitout his rookie year much like Curtis Samuel due to injurys

Horton has been a jag, solid rotation player but thats about it.   I just dont think he's worth cutting a young guy like those 2.  And even though its just pennies.  Cutting him and keeping them saves us 1 mil

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

We finished

Last year had a lot to do with heavy blitzing, rushing just the front 4 wasnt getting it done. 

All teams blitz...so I don't see how we are worse than last year statistically...we haven't lost anything. If anything I say we have the chance to be better.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

All teams blitz...so I don't see how we are worse than last year statistically...we haven't lost anything. If anything I say we have the chance to be better.

All teams do blitz,  but WE BLITZED A LOT last year.  Anybody that knows this team well knows it was completely out of our norm last season. We got sacks but we gave up a lot more big plays too. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

is the Cowboys ol still as good as it used to be?

Yeah no where close

They just lost their All-pro Center.

They lost a pro-bowl RT last year, they now have La'el Collins in at RT.  While he's a good player, he's a guard not a OT.  Looked good when he was in at RG but struggled at OT and now he's their starting RT.

Zach Martin, their all-world LG just went down with a knee injury.  But they should be back for week 1.  But will he be back to 100%?

Archived