• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Charlotte *Fourth Ward*

ericr0319

So I posted a while back on where to stay. Well places are limited (I picked the NY game to go to, not smart). Anywhere in South End and NoDa are gone on Air BnB. Found a pretty nice townhouse in the Fourth Ward. I am assuming this is Uptown. Anyone live around here, thoughts? 

If you're not trying to walk out of the place and be in the middle of things, I would just find a place 10 mins outside of the city on the light rail (either way) and take the train in. It's cheap and easy. Would also be a less than $10 Uber back if you didn't want to wait on the train. 

8 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

So I posted a while back on where to stay. Well places are limited (I picked the NY game to go to, not smart). Anywhere in South End and NoDa are gone on Air BnB. Found a pretty nice townhouse in the Fourth Ward. I am assuming this is Uptown. Anyone live around here, thoughts? 

A friend of mine lived in fourth ward a while back.  It nice but I would caution you on walking home late night after drinking.  Lots of scary stories out there of muggings and worse.

10 minutes ago, Shocker said:

A friend of mine lived in fourth ward a while back.  It nice but I would caution you on walking home late night after drinking.  Lots of scary stories out there of muggings and worse.

so thats gonna be a no for me. 

I live in the fourth ward, and the comments above talking about muggings are completely inaccurate. You have a better chance of getting mugged at R. Bearden park, which is a block from the stadium in center of it all.

@Shocker I'd be interested to hear your friend's story. I have lived in the fourth ward for multiple years and it's the quietest area of the city.

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I live in the fourth ward, and the comments above talking about muggings are completely inaccurate. You have a better chance of getting mugged at R. Bearden park, which is a block from the stadium in center of it all.

@Shocker I'd be interested to hear your friend's story. I have lived in the fourth ward for multiple years and it's the quietest area of the city.

Yea, he must have meant waaaaay back

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

Yes it’s been a while since he lived there, maybe 10 yrs ago.  His neighbor got stopped by 3 dudes late night who robbed him and a buddy.  Shoot I had a guy come out of the shadows asking for money, I gave him a twenty and he went away quietly, but just saying walking around late night down there drunk is risky.  I don’t care what anyone says.  Not bashing only fourth ward here.

And yeah that can be said for most big cities.

You'll be fine in Fourth Ward, especially on game day. Muggings can happen anywhere: South End, NoDa, Plazza Midwood. It comes with having a city.

Plus, if you're out in center city getting drunk, just take a Uber straight to your door and you won't have to worry about walking (Uber would be like $5 max).

The only thing I would caution is going north of 277 (along Tryon Street) and West of Graham St near where 277 and Graham St. meet, but this still most only applies to night time. If you're there at night, then you're either really lost or looking for trouble.

3 minutes ago, Arroz con Panther said:

You'll be fine in Fourth Ward, especially on game day. Muggings can happen anywhere: South End, NoDa, Plazza Midwood. It comes with having a city.

Plus, if you're out in center city getting drunk, just take a Uber straight to your door and you won't have to worry about walking (Uber would be like $5 max).

The only think I would caution is going north of 277 (along Tryon Street) and West of Graham St near where 277 and Graham St. meet, but this still most only applies to night time. If you're there at night, then you're either really lost or looking for trouble.

Isn't that the Hidden Valley Kings area?

Archived