• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To Torrey, or not to Torrey

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, trueblade said:

From the section titled These players can't feel entirely safe about their status, but it appears they've done enough to make their roster.

I think that about sums it up.

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

Yeah because he is going to say he was so terrible. Man the dude is not worth 5 million for a couple catches and 400 yds. We can pay Bryd way less and he plays returner. It's a no brainer, y'all people are ridiculous.

54 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah because he is going to say he was so terrible. Man the dude is not worth 5 million for a couple catches and 400 yds. We can pay Bryd way less and he plays returner. It's a no brainer, y'all people are ridiculous.

I honestly don't understand the deep and abiding love affair from some for a player who has never played a down for us.

13 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I honestly don't understand the deep and abiding love affair from some for a player who has never played a down for us.

Exactly like I said people are ridiculous. Guy has looked terrible out there and for 5 million. We have a guy that's been in our system for years and alot younger plus he can return on special teams. I'm not keeping a damn player for veteran leadership for 5 damn mil. We have enough veteran leadership on this team. Then we can use the money for other positions of need. No way you keep him and no it has nothing to do with how he protests. I want him to catch a damn ball and so far he has looked like sh*t. Nobody can tell me how u justify keeping him.

Maybe you keep him because his coach said this- “Torrey had a phenomenal camp – may have had the best camp of any receiver in our group from Day One until now,” 

"When asked about his lack of production so far, Smith noted that his preseason statistics have historically been “terrible.” Research bears that out. In his previous three preseasons, he’s recorded just three catches only to then average 30 receptions and 453 yards in the regular year."

Judging players, vets in particular, by preseason games alone is just dumb.

2 hours ago, steven8989 said:

He also cant stay healthy, doesnt even have 500 career receiving yards, and hasn't proven that he can take the top off a defense in a real game . 

Torrey has 2 SB wins with 2 different teams, caught multiple deep bomb TDs as recent as last season, and has had a penchant for staying remarkably healthy for the vast majority of his career. 

You cant make valid arguments based on pre season hype when most vet players are just trying not to get injured lol

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

Why are you always badmouthing this man? Your continued overly negative tone about him wouldn't have anything to do with something off the field would it? It isn't difficult to spot.

2 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

When Hurney grabbed this guy, it was before we had Moore and we didn't know whether Samuel would shine.  He designed the contract to be shopped if necessary.   We can use the depth at WR (we should still keep Byrd) or use the contract as capital for a trade.  I'm fine with him staying, I'm fine with him being traded for the right Oline help.

53 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Why are you always badmouthing this man? Your continued overly negative tone about him wouldn't have anything to do with something off the field would it? It isn't difficult to spot.

I think that door swings both ways.    Some here think we should keep him because of his politics or his charity work.  

Some of us just want him to catch the damn ball.  So far all we've seen is  contested drops.  Smith didn't get open, and when thrown to, didn't win the battle.

Those arguing that everyone is loafing in preseason didn't see the same games I did.  Keuchley and Cam, the d-line, the o-line played hard, just as they always do.    

Those arguing we have to wait till post season to see him shine apparently forget that our regular season determines if there is a post season.  He needs to fuging shine game one onward.  The whole team does.

If Smith wants to get into a twitter fight with the prez, I really don't give a rats ass.

Just get open and catch the ball Torrey.

41 minutes ago, Manther said:

No problem, Rachel Maddow. 

Just looked at your posts.  Go back to the Tinder Box troll.

Other fans aren't required to entertain your thinly veiled "stick to sports" brand of commentary. If you don't like athletes speaking about things that offend your delicate sensibilities then get off the grid and go live out in the middle of nowhere.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Other fans aren't required to entertain your thinly veiled "stick to sports" brand of commentary. If you don't like athletes speaking about things that offend your delicate sensibilities then get off the grid and go live out in the middle of nowhere.

Rachel, I know in your eyes, everything is left-right politics. 

The reality is some people like the player because they like the player.

I fully expect a political troll like you to turd and argue with anyone who says anything remotely bad about Torrey. 

You project your political motivations on everyone around you.  Since your motivations are always political...everyone else's must be too.  Sadly you are mistaken.

I feel sorry for the people in your life who have to deal with you.

Archived