• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To Torrey, or not to Torrey

Jeremy Igo

25 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This should in no way influence whether or not he has a roster spot.  Tepper can partner with any charity he wants so it doesn't matter if they are part of the team.

I think she means it's an indication that they've already decided to keep him, not that it would influence the decision.

I'm not certain those final decisions are actually made yet, though it's possible they do know which players are "locks".

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think she means it's an indication that they've already decided to keep him, not that it would influence the decision.

I'm not certain those final decisions are actually made yet, though it's possible they do know which players are "locks".

I get that but it shouldn't have had any bearing on it.  I see no reason for him to be a "lock" to make the roster.

1 minute ago, FugAllY'all said:

I think people are seriously undervaluing Smith and getting too attached to guys like Wright and Byrd. Gonna be some broken hearts on cut day.

Hey newb, he ain't been targeted or implemented at all with Cam so far. No shots taken down the field to see if he actually has any speed left. No chemistry. I don't want Ginn drop 2.0. We still need secondary and line help. 

2 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Hey newb, he ain't been targeted or implemented at all with Cam so far. No shots taken down the field to see if he actually has any speed left. No chemistry. I don't want Ginn drop 2.0. We still need secondary and line help. 

In 2 out of 3 games Cam was running for his life with Matt K playing badly at LT. NOT ideal conditions for the deep passing game.

Nor has Norv opened up the playbook. 

What Cam and the O really have needed to practice and improve on was vthe short stuff. Taking the checkdowns and letting playmakers make plays.  I'm totally confident the deep stuff will come with Smith and Samuel.  That deep threat opens up all 3 levels of our offense.  Norv knows that. It will happen.

10 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

I think people are seriously undervaluing Smith and getting too attached to guys like Wright and Byrd. Gonna be some broken hearts on cut day.

Always are broken hearts on cut day. But very much hoping it won't be because Wright or Byrd are cut.

Wright I view as 100% safe.

Byrd about 80-85% safe.

We can make the roster math work with 6 WR. After last year's position disaster at WR, we'd really be stupid not to keep 6, OL mess notwithstanding.

2QB

4 RB/FB

6 WR

2TE

11 OL

It's possible.

2 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

I mean, maybe its just me, but Wright always seemed like a camp body who might make the roster if he really flashed. I just don't seem him being part of any long term plans barring loss of starters to injury.

All he does is move the chains. 3/3. All 3 catches were 3rd down conversions. He's always open.

Folks in Minnesota are quite upset he's gone. We got a good one.

18 minutes ago, FugAllY'all said:

They are seriously undervaluing Smith.  The Eagles won it all because he ran off so much coverage so Alshon could get favorable looks.  You have seen that anemic offense in the preseason.  He is a two time champion and a good locker room presence.  He had a great camp according to WR coach.  

Igo told everyone Torrey could get cut and brought it back up with this thread so he immediately became one of our expendable WRs in the mind of some Huddlers.  You will learn how easily some members can be influenced on here soon enough.

Torrey Smith is going no where and will start week 1!!! Thirteen pages for what?

13 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Always are broken hearts on cut day. But very much hoping it won't be because Wright or Byrd are cut.

Wright I view as 100% safe.

Byrd about 80-85% safe.

We can make the roster math work with 6 WR. After last year's position disaster at WR, we'd really be stupid not to keep 6, OL mess notwithstanding.

2QB

4 RB/FB

6 WR

2TE

11 OL

It's possible.

They brought in Wright as a FA who has been productive in the preseason and knows Norv's offense. Actually he's been clutch. Everyone's love affair with Byrd is going to have to go. He actually hasn't done much in the preseason, was hurt last year, and outside of the butt touchdown didn't do too much. 

9 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

They are seriously undervaluing Smith.  The Eagles won it all because he ran off so much coverage so Alshon could get favorable looks.  You have seen that anemic offense in the preseason.  He is a two time champion and a good locker room presence.  He had a great camp according to WR coach.  

Igo told everyone Torrey could get cut and brought it back up with this thread so he immediately became one of our expendable WRs in the mind of some Huddlers.  You will learn how easily some members can be influenced on here soon enough.

Torrey Smith is going no where and will start week 1!!! Thirteen pages for what?

For real— the eagles, preseason of course, blanked out on offense the other night,..

let that sink in,.. blanked out.

teams try to get cute— like Gettlemen retrying the already failed twin towers(like Chicago) experiment, KB and Funchess without someone to take the top off a defense.

Phili is feeling the pain now,.. the interceptions Foles were trying to throw into crowds, no one was open,.. gee how about that.

Until Curtis or someone else proves they can take a couple of defenders with them downfield then we have no one else

the Funchess and Olsen single coverage will happen because of Torrey.

without him good luck. 

15 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

Totally agree. 

As for the 13 pages... partly it's because things are pretty good in Pantherland.

Heck, even some of our biggest fears / concerns are turning into very promising situations.

JR scandal / team sale - end up with Tepper. Big win.

Oline injuries: we discover it looks like we've got a stellar player in Moton and a very solid looking guy in Van Roten. This mess isn't over. We may yet see Matt Kalil and Amini back on the field, but so far lemonade has been made out of lemons.

2017 rookie class: after only seeing CMC make any impact, looks like Moton, Samuel, Armah and Elder all ready to contribute in important ways.

Secondary injuries (Cockrell, Searcy etc.). Been forced to throw Jackson and Gaulden out there and find they look good!

Oh no, Marty is our GM again. He can't draft. Pays too much.... Marty 2.0 is looking better than any of us could have hoped. 2017-2018 off-season may go down as one of the best in franchise history. (Very promising rookies, plus free agents like Poe, Anderson and Smith... Yes it's way early, but really looks promising)

So, stuff like the debate about Torrey gets dragged out because there's not a lot to gripe about right now!

17 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Everyone's love affair with Byrd is going to have to go. He actually hasn't done much in the preseason, was hurt last year, and outside of the butt touchdown didn't do too much. 

103 yard kickoff return.

Best returner on the roster, I believe.

Archived