• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Kalil having his knee scoped.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Panthers8969 said:

Just throwing a name out. You asked I answered. There’s a bunch of upper tier backup LTs I would attempt to trade for rn

i think the biggest issue here is that moton was playing well at RT the whole camp and now we just said fug that go play LT. That can’t be good for his development 

I'm just not a fan of giving away a pick for a guy that probably isn't much better than some of our backups.

21 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I'm just not a fan of giving away a pick for a guy that probably isn't much better than some of our backups.

A little bit better and absolute poo could be the key difference in Cam getting a significant injury due to no protection or even winning games. 

I always think that if you can just get a little bit better in the NFL you have to take that chance. 

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

A little bit better and absolute poo could be the key difference in Cam getting a significant injury due to no protection or even winning games. 

I always think that if you can just get a little bit better in the NFL you have to take that chance. 

Has anyone here actually watched considerable tape on this guy, or is it just the fact he has started some in his career and people recognize his name?

Giving away assets for somebody who isn't any better actually hurts your team.  Its like throwing a big contract at a player just hoping he will improve a position even though past history tells you otherwise.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to improve the team, just need to be smart about it.  

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Has anyone here actually watched considerable tape on this guy, or is it just the fact he has started some in his career and people recognize his name?

Giving away assets for somebody who isn't any better actually hurts your team.  Its like throwing a big contract at a player just hoping he will improve a position even though past history tells you otherwise.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to improve the team, just need to be smart about it.  

Penn is really long in  the tooth, but he has played at a pretty high level for several years. Until last season in December, he had played in 170 or so consecutive games. Provided that Father Time hasn't caught up to him, he would be the markedly best LT we've had since Gross. All that being said, I wouldn't give anymore than a 6th for him considering his age (maybe a 5th if I believe that he had a couple more good years left in the tank.

Archived