• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Kalil having his knee scoped.

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

Sure. Tell us the trade you'd make right now.

One possibility is Donald Penn who was asked to take a pay cut and moved to RT for the Oakland Raiders. The thought was that he would have been cut had he not agreed to the reduced salary. The other possibility is to look for a RT and simply depend on Moton at LT. (Edit: I just saw that this was already suggested)

However, I completely agree that it is easy to suggest a trade and much more difficult to consummate a mutually beneficial trade. This is especially true at the LT position. Circumstances mandate that the Panthers have (perhaps significantly) less leverage than a trading partner would have.

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

Well, no one is going to feel sorry for the Panthers

we shouldn’t either

use Armah 

use the TEs for extra blocking and move on.

does it cut the playbook in half, yes, but there is no reasonable choice at this point 

might be a blessing in disguise, who knows...,if not this year than the next

One thing is certain, rather have Turner involved in this patchwork offense than Shula 

This is where I think we will find ourselves.

We will likely need to scheme around a bad O line all season...and I trust Norv about 100X more than I did Shula.

4 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Need to offer a 5th for a starting caliber OT like we did for Jared allen

Like who?

If there were starting caliber tackles available for a 5th there would be a line of teams looking to make that trade and therefore it would no longer be for a 5th.

6 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Chris Clark 

By starting caliber I assumed he was talking about average or better. 

Would he fall under that description?  If so what are you basing it on?

Just because a guy has starts on his resume that doesn't mean he is starting caliber.  Under that premise other teams might have wanted to trade for Bell.

46 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

By starting caliber I assumed he was talking about average or better. 

Would he fall under that description?  If so what are you basing it on?

Just because a guy has starts on his resume that doesn't mean he is starting caliber.  Under that premise other teams might have wanted to trade for Bell.

Just throwing a name out. You asked I answered. There’s a bunch of upper tier backup LTs I would attempt to trade for rn

i think the biggest issue here is that moton was playing well at RT the whole camp and now we just said fug that go play LT. That can’t be good for his development 

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

What? I don’t think this is correct at all. MCL sprains aren’t usually that long. I’ve never heard of a scope taking two months. I’m sure there are different varieties but again, that seems way long. 

A “scope” is a vague term as it could deal with multiple structures in the knee so therefore it’s a generalization to put any time frame on his recovery. People will continue consulting Dr Google, however.

Archived