• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Patriots Game - How long do you play Cam?

Jeremy Igo

On 8/21/2018 at 7:37 AM, rayzor said:

We either play with the intensity that the oars do or cam stays in for maybe a series. Don't trust the pats to not play hard and dirty, treating it like a regular season game.

Screw what our objectives are for this preseason game...pats don't care and won't play along. We go in playing another game than the pats,  Rivera should be fired.

I still love to see ryans jaw flap.  That's classic.

On 8/21/2018 at 7:43 AM, coralreefer_1 said:

3 quarters. We aren't going to fix our o-line issues anytime soon. We need to see a fully gameplanned game with Cam and all the new weapons. Cam will get sacked all year it seems. A few extra now should not hurt. If Norv is what he is, and our offense is new and improved, faster releases and such...2 quarters or 3 shouldn't make much difference. Cam wont play only 2 quarters against Dallas or the other 15 teams.

You make a good case.

7 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

You never come out when I praise him, or even read past the first line or two of the posts (obvious since I went on to state that he's going to be fine and that he always starts preseason this way and that we're golden with him as soon as the season starts). But hey, your kneejerk reactions are legendary across the board when it comes to even the faintest whiff of something not just shining said of Cam.

But you live for this stuff, so go ahead and have fun. 

Cam's my QB and I think he's great. Once in a while he looks flat when he plays and fans have a right to say that. I did and then said, it's nothing to worry about.  So go ahead and poop, it's your go to move. Rock on junior.

That’s all fine and dandy but bringing up how cam needs to transition from celebrity cam to qb cam is ridiculous. It’s a slight and you know it. I really don’t know what else this dude has to do to prove to people like you that he is one of the toughest qbs and puts everything he has into this. It’s obvious.

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

That’s all fine and dandy but bringing up how cam needs to transition from celebrity cam to qb cam is ridiculous. It’s a slight and you know it. I really don’t know what else this dude has to do to prove to people like you that he is one of the toughest qbs and puts everything he has into this. It’s obvious.

Hes a QB not Muhammad. Why so sensitive?

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Oh geez, I regret using that phrase, I really do. Maybe I should have made an allusion to kids going back to school and how it takes them a little time to switch gears back into being students again. I didn't mean it to be the huge slight that some folks are taking it to be. 

Cam at training camp and preseason is often a guy who is having fun, getting into his element and just enjoying being Cam (heck if any of us had what he has going for him, we'd be enjoying the heck out of it, too). As the preseason grinds through Cam always buckles down and starts getting more serious. He always has fun but he brings great focus into it by starting day.

Lighten up guys, I didn't say he sucked or was terrible. I didn't even say he was out of pattern for how he normally plays. And nowhere did I say anything but that he'd be game ready and at the top of the league when the games mattered. 

We all know that this team historically starts the season slow and we often lose the 1st game by taking 3/4's of that game to produce meaningful offense. Everyone wants to avoid that slow start. Especially with a new system one way to help avoid that is for starters to play into the 3rd quarter of this game. The offense and Cam need to find that rhythm and be consistently on point from the 1st play to the last. Turner and the coaches needs to know exactly who needs extra teaching time and on what. How do starters handle momentum swings? And there's immense 3rd quarter questions that need to be answered before the Dallas game: what adjustments does Turner make? how do starters handle those adjustments? how do starters react to the score? what's the attitude coming out of the tunnel? And many more.

Archived