• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Patriots Game - How long do you play Cam?

Jeremy Igo

8 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I've not seen Cam look quite this rusty in the preseason before. I think he needs to play up until after the first series in the third quarter. We really need to see how he performs against a pro team. And he needs to see how he does it. It's a transition between Cam the Celebrity and Cam the QB. Once he makes that, we're golden.

That being said, if they are coming at him hard and our line is giving no protection, yank him out of there. Warm ups or not, if injury is a probability then take the safe route.

Cam needs the work right now, but we need him for the season.

What a horrible post. Cam has looked solid all preseason and has been more accurate than any preseason. You clearly have not watched anything. 

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

Play Gilbert and Heinicke , alternate quarters.

Play Barner and Hood, alternate possessions . ( keep CAP on the bench so he doesn't get injured and use him to trade for an O lineman )

So, your solution to our offensive line problems is to trade a 28 year old running back with 422 career yards for someone who can help keep Superman upright?  If I was an NFL GM, I'd jump right on that.

:eyeroll:

8 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I've not seen Cam look quite this rusty in the preseason before. I think he needs to play up until after the first series in the third quarter. We really need to see how he performs against a pro team. And he needs to see how he does it. It's a transition between Cam the Celebrity and Cam the QB. Once he makes that, we're golden.

That being said, if they are coming at him hard and our line is giving no protection, yank him out of there. Warm ups or not, if injury is a probability then take the safe route.

I’m sorry but this sounded like a Glenn Beck meets Chris Carter post. 

Sure Cam needs rep in a new offense but we are also running plays to see how our weapons work. He threw a bad interception. Big deal. Don’t negate everything he’s done for this team off preseason. He’s checking down more than ever and doing it deliberately. So he’s getting used to that. 

Cam “The Celebrity”. Won an MVP and took us to the Super Bowl with K-Mart WRs, toppled the Seahawks. Literally every time we didn’t advance in the playoffs it’s because they league fugged us or we were too decimated in talent to advance. Cam however, has always put us there. He does have flaws, but he is a top 6 QB despite them.

23 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

So cam has just been a celebrity this whole time? Well damn how did he make it this long as our QB. Smh

23 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

I've not seen Cam look quite this rusty in the preseason before. I think he needs to play up until after the first series in the third quarter. We really need to see how he performs against a pro team. And he needs to see how he does it. It's a transition between Cam the Celebrity and Cam the QB.

Those who don't know your lengthy posting history in relation to Cam Newton will either think you are trolling or just being silly. But those on the huddle that have seen your continued thinly veiled swipes at his character over the years knows what the issue ultimately is.

Get pooped on.

2 hours ago, TheRed said:

Those who don't know your lengthy posting history in relation to Cam Newton will either think you are trolling or just being silly. But those on the huddle that have seen your continued thinly veiled swipes at his character over the years knows what the issue ultimately is.

Get pooped on.

You never come out when I praise him, or even read past the first line or two of the posts (obvious since I went on to state that he's going to be fine and that he always starts preseason this way and that we're golden with him as soon as the season starts). But hey, your kneejerk reactions are legendary across the board when it comes to even the faintest whiff of something not just shining said of Cam.

But you live for this stuff, so go ahead and have fun. 

Cam's my QB and I think he's great. Once in a while he looks flat when he plays and fans have a right to say that. I did and then said, it's nothing to worry about.  So go ahead and poop, it's your go to move. Rock on junior.

18 hours ago, BrianS said:

So, your solution to our offensive line problems is to trade a 28 year old running back with 422 career yards for someone who can help keep Superman upright?  If I was an NFL GM, I'd jump right on that.

LOL CAPs value equates to a powdered donut.  

21 hours ago, BrianS said:

It was about Cam lol.. how long to play him..   

I'm not a CAP fan, but there are plenty on here that are..  So I figure he has "some " value..  

Let's face it, there's not a starting left tackle worth a lot out there period ( so I'm lead to believe )..   So no, I don't expect to get someone to "keep Superman upright"  in a trade..  but a trade might be better than dumpster diving.. 

Then again, maybe not..   we'll dumpster dive and we'll see who gets cut from other teams and keep CAP ,, ( who doesn't even get a helmet most games ) ..   :eyeroll:

On 8/21/2018 at 7:43 AM, coralreefer_1 said:

3 quarters. We aren't going to fix our o-line issues anytime soon. We need to see a fully gameplanned game with Cam and all the new weapons. Cam will get sacked all year it seems. A few extra now should not hurt. If Norv is what he is, and our offense is new and improved, faster releases and such...2 quarters or 3 shouldn't make much difference. Cam wont play only 2 quarters against Dallas or the other 15 teams.

This. I understand it is a preseason game but if we plan to be a playoff team then this is the team we need to measure ourselves against. The issue won't be the sacks as much as Cam and the receivers working against what will be physical man coverage and tons of defensive holding and PI.  Perfect opportunity for Cam to practice  finding the hot read and dumping it off. If he holds the ball he needs to be sacked until he gives that strategy up. New England  will be game planning and playing full tilt. So should we. Why should we worry about Superman taking hits when they have the crypt keeper back there. If they play dirty and aggressive, let our front four break Brady in two. Give two for everyone one we get. We will see them again in February. Let's give em something to remember us by.

If you scared about the oline play then just don't play him at all. Problem is that is a huge vote of no confidence to guys who need all the confidence they can get. You play him the standard into the third quarter. 

this will be a great test for our guys 

Archived