• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positives and Negatives from the starters?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

Samuel might take snaps from Moore. He looks blazing fast.

Maybe it's Moore that will take snaps from Samuel...

I tried to caution people about trying to "second fiddle" Samuel after last week's performance. 

I'm just glad they'll both be here for at least the next three years. 

14 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Positives: 1. The O-line run blocking was much better. There was actually a scheme, blocking assignments created running lanes.  2. CMC is ready, running and catching out of the backfield.  3. Ian Thomas looks to be a legit number 2 TE.  4. The defense is on that bend don't break ish. I just don't like giving up yardage up and down the field but, if we keep them from scoring TD's then, I'm in.  5. Our WR's looks good, when they got open.

Negatives: 1. Of course...Kalil.  2. Jackson played to far off the WR and got picked on.  3. Cam isn't taking what the defense is giving him, he wants the long ball.  4. Backup QB's are eah   5.. Did I mention Kalil

I thought Jackson switched up between soft and tight coverage and did a far superior job to Seymour last week...in fact with him in the defense didn't allow a touchdown.  Jackson is the future of weak side corner.   Bradberry on the other hand got blocked out on a run that gave them a bunch of their first half yards.  In the end the D looked very good.

Mat Kalil..sheesh.  Can we get Oher or Remmers back or maybe we can put Sir Pur in there....I wouldn't mind it so much if he wasn't making so much bank off of us.  Cmon Matt, remove head from ass and protect Cam.  Honestly, he looked a little out of it, like he was high.  Is he on pain killers?

58 minutes ago, Manther said:

I thought Jackson switched up between soft and tight coverage and did a far superior job to Seymour last week...in fact with him in the defense didn't allow a touchdown.  Jackson is the future of weak side corner.   Bradberry on the other hand got blocked out on a run that gave them a bunch of their first half yards.  In the end the D looked very good.

Mat Kalil..sheesh.  Can we get Oher or Remmers back or maybe we can put Sir Pur in there....I wouldn't mind it so much if he wasn't making so much bank off of us.  Cmon Matt, remove head from ass and protect Cam.  Honestly, he looked a little out of it, like he was high.  Is he on pain killers?

"in fact with him in the defense didn't allow a touchdown." Lol, he was 1 out of 11 defensive players on the field as well as the one that mostly allowed the offensive to move the ball down three field. Maybe we're trying to keep our opponents from seeing his man cover skills. But yes, the defense bent a lot but didn't break. I just didn't like it....

16 hours ago, Salisburysean98 said:

Next draft I just wanna see this team select a LT. Tired of this crap, tired of hearing about how there are no good Tackles in the draft outside of the top 5 picks, and yet teams still find a suitable starter. We are always stuck with hot, flaming, poop-smelling garbage.

Agreed just give me a project, anything just give me someone to hope is better than Khalil.

8 hours ago, Shocker said:

Samuel is showing flashes.   Most people on this board won't admit the truth but Cam consistently is struggling with accuracy.  

He is completing over 70% of his passes so far in the pre season. If thats not good enough, then there is no end to this long drawn out 8 year discussion. 

6 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

"in fact with him in the defense didn't allow a touchdown." Lol, he was 1 out of 11 defensive players on the field as well as the one that mostly allowed the offensive to move the ball down three field. Maybe we're trying to keep our opponents from seeing his man cover skills. But yes, the defense bent a lot but didn't break. I just didn't like it....

When Seymour was getting burned deep over and over against the Bills  last week, that one player makes a huge difference.  Offenses are going to pick on the weak link, and Worely/Seymour was that link last year.  Is Jackson the only player on the field? No.   Did he plug a leaking hole...yes.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

And CMC dropped one of the 3 incompletions. He’s been fine, but we haven’t gone deep much. That said, I’m fine with that. There’s still stuff to work on like picking up the CB that made the easy INT and throwing the ball away/getting rid of it before the sack. 

Amazingly, this is what preseason is all about. I’m just glad he’s healthy enough to continue to work on everything the next two weeks. 

I thought the whole point of bringing in norv turner was to work on the short passing game? We know cam can slinging it deep when he wants too, pretty sure that hasnt been the focus of he pre season. With the short passes he will fix that completion percentage people complain so much about. And its hard to get rid of a pass in time if the guy thats supposed to be blocking your blind side gets beat like a drum in less than 3 seconds cuz its even less time to react. Im pretty sure thats why the LT position is so important. 

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Cam wasn’t bad. Made one poor read. 

If you combine both games he has only made about 3 bad throws total.  Hasnt took any risks outside thoughs 3 errors and has went with the safe bets and still managed to move the ball down the field and score 2 tds minus the cmc big run td. He looks like he is really trying to adjust his game from what im am seeing to a more patient approach. Thought that was what norv was supposed to help with, im fine with him using the pre season to do that.

Shaq looks like he is on the verge of a breakout season. I wonder if the Panthers use a lot of 4-2-5 base defense with TD out using Luke and Shaq as the 2 LBs.

We've used it a lot in years past bc Luke and TD had elite sideline to sideline speed and it allowed us to play mostly zone and be effective without a great secondary.

Would seem to be a good route to go starting the season with TD and Jackson and Gaulden getting up to speed plus the fact the overall secondary may not be great. I'm all for baptism by fire for Jackson and Gaulden bc I don't think we really have anyone better behind them anyway.

With Munnerlyn seeming to be playing much better, maybe he starts in the base defense along with Bradberry and Jackson as CBs.

Addison/Poe/KK/Horton

Luke/Shaq

Bradberry/Adams/Munnerlyn/Gaulden/Jackson.

Can't believe this negative has yet to surface:

Did anyone else think Mixon looked all but scared out of his pants when interviewing Tepper?

Also, who the hell says "lathered up", "crowd is aroused", "ample hands" and "glazed [anything]" in any other context outside of doughnut talk?

16 hours ago, twylyght said:

Can't believe this negative has yet to surface:

Did anyone else think Mixon looked all but scared out of his pants when interviewing Tepper?

Also, who the hell says "lathered up", "crowd is aroused", "ample hands" and "glazed [anything]" in any other context outside of doughnut talk?

Cant blame Mixon. JR rarely spoke, and if he did sounded like a zombie. Mixon, like the rest of us just cant get over an owner that 1. Actually speaks. 2. Actually has energy to speak. 3. Actually is alive and seems to give a damn

Archived