• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positives and Negatives from the starters?

Jeremy Igo

No pressure?  Beg to differ.

We had 10 QB hits/hurries last night according to the gamebook.

Norris 1

Sprinkle 3

Haynes 2

Obada 1

Butler 1

Hall 2

On a hunch I checked out the 4 gamebooks from the 2013 preseason - the year we had the most sacks.  The most QH in any game that preseason?  6.

I thought the Dline played well last night.

I've been a huge critic of Hurney. That being said he's had a pretty great offseason. 

But he had a two massive fug ups. 

One trading away Butker and going with Gano was a terrible decision, but he doubled down on that by paying Gano big bucks this offseason. Butker is better, younger, and cheaper.

Two not addressing depth at the OT position in FA. Idk who we could have got but at this point nearly anyone would be better than Kalil. I know Gettleman poo the bed signing Kalil (still not sure how much of an influence JR had on that) but we needed a contingency plan. We don't have one. Maybe Moton was it, if so I'll give Hurney is credit there. 

Ryan Kalil and Trai Turner have to be better in space for screens. Mccaffrey never had a chance on the one screen they ran cause he got blown up to quick. I mean Kalil and turner really never saw the guy to block him.

I hate seeing the Saints and Patriots run screens to effortless and Panthers seem to struggle with them .

One other thought: Preseason game two tends to be a good "pump your brakes" game. A lot of the stuff that you get way too excited about in week one doesn't always show up in the following week D J Moore, Taylor Heineke and Jarius Wright were examples of that this time.

Doesn't mean they won't have a good season, but don't measure them for their gold jackets just yet

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Starting Defense: Said it elsewhere and I'll repeat it here. We're going to be seeing those quick passes all season. That's going to be the chosen method to attack our high-pressure defense.

I agree, but I think unlike last season we have more of a personnel to adapt to how teams attack us.

Last year we were basically forced to play off no matter what with Worley because he could not cover. Jackson gives us flexibility to disguise things better. 

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

Samuel might take snaps from Moore. He looks blazing fast.

He did a great job fighting for the ball on that late long reception last night.

I'd have to add that Gilbert put that ball in a really good spot for him too.

Archived