• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positives and Negatives from the starters?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Salisburysean98 said:

Next draft I just wanna see this team select a LT. Tired of this crap, tired of hearing about how there are no good Tackles in the draft outside of the top 5 picks, and yet teams still find a suitable starter. We are always stuck with hot, flaming, poop-smelling garbage.

With how people brag on how good oline coach Matsko is good I dont know why they dont ever take a falling prospect like Cam Robinson or Orlando Brown(with obvious big school talent) and mold them into nfl starting LT.

They rather take undrafted guys and try make them allstar, yeah that only works so many times.

1 hour ago, NeederNodder said:

Samuel was great tonight. The dude is objectively the WR on the team and should get at least a third of snaps this season. 

This is what people should be excited about. Players that have not proven anything like Samuel but is making plays in preseason.

I still have to watch the full game to review, but I won't worry about Cam until dress down game vs Patriots. He has to take the check down to CMC if he is not doing that.  That int was terrible from the little bit that I saw but, he was 9 of 12.

Certain fans do wanna complain in a hurry on the huddle, but I think some wanna see the long ball complete because the deep threat passing game(along with WR) has been wack for the last 2 years almost.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We'll have to cut Kalil. As a post June 1st cut, he'll cost us $6.5M against the cap in both '19 and '20. Sucks, but it's what must be done. I just hope that we have our future at OT in Moton and Williams. That'll soften the sting a little bit.

we're not cutting Matt, calm the hell down 

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, Gettleman caved to Richardson. How stupid does that sound?

... you’re kidding right ... boss who’s paying you and everyone else wants something done. It gets done or it’s your ass

17 minutes ago, t96 said:

... you’re kidding right ... boss who’s paying you and everyone else wants something done. It gets done or it’s your ass

Gettleman obviously didn't cave to Richardson,or he would have never been fired! He did things his way, and the scuttlebutt was that G-man basically wanting to do things his way or no way was what got him fired. I don't know why that's so difficult to fathom for the tinfoil hat wearers. 

And, BTW, when you're perceived as great at your job and coveted by kings, you are likely less inclined to put up with bullshit from your boss because you can find employment elsewhere relatively easily.

3 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

The negative is that Matt Kalil will somehow still have a jersey this time tomorrow. That was pathetic. 

if he was on a 1 year deal or much cheaper deal, the panthers wouldve released him i think. 

Its really gettleman's choice of making that contract and now Hurney's hands are tied through this year at the very minimum. I think we can't get rid of him and not lose a poo ton of cap until the year is done.

That doesn't mean we HAVE to play him though. I wish we had halfway decent backup to plug in there at LT.

Archived