• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positives and Negatives from the starters?

Jeremy Igo

Agree McC, Thomas, and Armah are all key players here for the next 4+ years (Thomas obviously behind Olsen now but as a TE2). Jackson is getting there and played well. Poe is a beast in the run game and Shaq looks like the real deal. CJ Anderson is wayyyyyyy fuging better than Stew at this point too.

Negative obviously Kalil and Cam wasn't great. Secondary big concern overall, Bradberry struggled.

Just now, TheRumGone said:

That might be on purpose

Yeah very well may be. Offense will be significantly different in regular season. May get a taste of it next week but everything so far has been generic vanilla nothing plays.

Positives - I like the high completion throws to RBs and TE. All about setting up favorable downs and distances. 

CMC, looks to be that workhorse RB 

Ian Thomas, there is no excuse for him not being the NO.2 TE 

Van Rooten, opened  up the hole for CMC TD

Negatives 

Matt Kalil - he is a drive killer, got beat at least 3 times and had a false start

Bradberry- I dont know if its scheme but would like for him to use his size more and jam receivers at the line. Never seems in position to make a play at the ball, only there for the tackle

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The massive negative is the LT position. Everyone we put out there looked like straight trash. I honestly think that if Williams hadn't gotten hurt that Moton would be getting a long, hard look at LT.

Moton has the feet for it but here is the truth. Hurney made sure speed bump was with us another year. So that means we have to let William walk. Brilliant righ? 

Just now, Snake said:

Moton has the feet for it but here is the truth. Hurney made sure speed bump was with us another year. So that means we have to let William walk. Brilliant righ? 

We'll have to cut Kalil. As a post June 1st cut, he'll cost us $6.5M against the cap in both '19 and '20. Sucks, but it's what must be done. I just hope that we have our future at OT in Moton and Williams. That'll soften the sting a little bit.

13 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Positives - I like the high completion throws to RBs and TE. All about setting up favorable downs and distances. 

CMC, looks to be that workhorse RB 

Ian Thomas, there is no excuse for him not being the NO.2 TE 

Van Rooten, opened  up the hole for CMC TD

Negatives 

Matt Kalil - he is a drive killer, got beat at least 3 times and had a false start

Bradberry- I dont know if its scheme but would like for him to use his size more and jam receivers at the line. Never seems in position to make a play at the ball, only there for the tackle

I was saying this watching the third down Tannehill threw and we blitzed it messed up his timing/didn't have time or a miscommunication. Didn't matter anyway because he was a dead fish if he'd have waited another second in that pocket. We need to get up at the line on them and let Bradberry use his physical tools to stone receivers up. I hate this backing off 6-7 yards and giving up a 4 yard reception that leads to a first down bull ish

Positives

Run Blocking - Best run blocking that we've had since 2015, holes opened everywhere.  It could also be design because I saw much more space for running backs to pop through, it was awesome to see

CMac - I've called him Curtis martin 2.0 and man he's starting to look like it now.  I think Anderson being the Hammer to spell CMac is gonna make this run game utterly dominant like we haven't seen since the era of double trouble.

Ian Thomas - Not much needs to be said, guy is the future of our TE position.  Future is bright for that guy, just gotta stay healthy.

Front 7, No TD's given up even with poor field position.  They can lock down in a short field.  As said in the first positive, reminds me of 2015.

Negatives

Cam - Had a really rough game, Personally I chalk it up to us doing more stuff that's not his forte and getting him use to getting rid of the ball quicker.  Testing in preseason game is the best way.

Matt Kalil - Terrible, just absolutely terrible.  Not bad in the run game, but atrocious as a LT.  This is why I said a while back with Remmers, grass isn't always greener and Speedbump is proving that and costing us a ton.

Overall, mostly a positive night.

Archived