• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WQAM (miami) is reporting we are trying to trade Steve Smith to the Dolphins

Fiz

Dan Morgan was saying this morning that the new Defense playing so much Tampa 2 is killing Beason's game.

Anyway, good to know he could play in a 3-4. How good would he be is the next question.

I think there is a real possibility of Cowher coming in and this scenario playing out. Not sure we can get high enough in draft via trade(s) but I think Brandon Spikes is a prototypical big MLB to play a 3-4 defense in NFL, and they'd need to get someone like that. Plus, assuming there is a team overahaul, big trades, etc., drafting a home town boy for the Media to hype up may play well.

It really depends on how they use him in the 3-4, we know he can attack ball carriers already so he would be fine in the run game as long as the line could keep offensive linemen off of him. He has the speed to be an effective pass rusher though we don't blitz him much in the current scheme due to the T-2 relying on a LB for coverage. I'm under the belief that because of his work ethic and drive once he learned the system he would transition just fine but maybe thats just me.

serious question, IF Fox gets fired and new coach is Cowher or anyone who wants to run a 3-4 Defense. Would Beason need to be traded, ideally, because of his size?

Would beason bring a First Round pick?

Beason is better suited for a 3-4 than 4-3 honestly. Since he is somewhat smaller than most 4-3 MLBs he could use the help of another ILB to help keep blockers off of him. In fact most of our team is better suited for the 3-4 than a lot of people here think.

Dan Morgan was saying this morning that the new Defense playing so much Tampa 2 is killing Beason's game.

Anyway, good to know he could play in a 3-4. How good would he be is the next question.

I think there is a real possibility of Cowher coming in and this scenario playing out. Not sure we can get high enough in draft via trade(s) but I think Brandon Spikes is a prototypical big MLB to play a 3-4 defense in NFL, and they'd need to get someone like that. Plus, assuming there is a team overahaul, big trades, etc., drafting a home town boy for the Media to hype up may play well.

you mean Carolina is using a scheme to minimize how effective there best defensive player is? That acutally isn't odd at all.....Beason can probably talk to Pep to find out how to numb the pain and begin walking through his career.

Fox and the FO would have to be complete babling moronic, brainless, dumb f**ks to trade Smith. If this happens, they better give us Chad Henne, Glenn Dorsey, Dwayne Bowe, and a first round and second round draft pick. Nothing less than that.

I would take that trade any day.. :)

The Colts don't need Smith. Peyton Manning is proof that recievers are a dime a dozen when the QB is incredible. He makes rookies like Colley and Garcon look incredible.

So you're saying that Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison and Dallas Clark are scrubs? Bullshit, I say.

If any of the names mentioned in this thread besides Pep are traded, and we do not net multiple picks and a potential gamebreaking player, I will most likely stop watching football for the rest of my life.

I will grow a Grizzly Adams-like beard. I will go to my local grocery store buy all of their Van Camps. I will steal a van. I will get on I-40 and drive as far as I can until I run out of money for gas. I will then find the nearest river. I will push my van to said river's banks. And there, I will live out my days.

Archived