• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WQAM (miami) is reporting we are trying to trade Steve Smith to the Dolphins

Fiz

What did Dallas give up for Roy Williams? First rounder? I guess on paper we could get alot for Smith, hate the idea of it though. Could turn out like the Cutler trade has for Denver though. In Packers defense, his point was that the great Teams are always ahead of the curve and to move Smith now while he has alot of value instead of waiting too long.

The Panthers/Fox put all their hope in dreams in Delhomme and managing the game, even after the elbow injury. With that, they took the LUXURY of drafting 2 First Round Running Backs in recent years, when most teams get great production from lower round picks at that position.

I hate the idea of it, but I wonder what the Colts would give up for Smith? Imagine a Manning/Smith duo.

The problem is simple. Delhomme is playing bad. You can bitch about the play calling but alot if not most of the time we go 3 and out is because Jake will miss an open read, make a bad pass, or stare down the WR. Anytime a QB does that it will make the OC look bad. But some of that is on the WRs/TEs because they always seem to drop the ball right when we don't need them to. But I'd say its 70/30 Jake to WR/TEs fault.

I hate the idea of it, but I wonder what the Colts would give up for Smith? Imagine a Manning/Smith duo.

The Colts don't need Smith. Peyton Manning is proof that recievers are a dime a dozen when the QB is incredible. He makes rookies like Colley and Garcon look incredible.

If the Panthers make major moves, I'd like to see 2 first round picks for next year and 2 second round picks, because this draft is so deep.

Get the young QB, hope he turns out like so many others in recent drafts have

and get a stud DE or Safety. If we are getting Cowher and moving to a 3-4, we will need someone like Spikes from Florida(A big LB, ala Ray Lewis). Not sure we can get picks that high though, or how Beason would do in a 3-4 scheme?

The Colts don't need Smith. Peyton Manning is proof that recievers are a dime a dozen when the QB is incredible. He makes rookies like Colley and Garcon look incredible.

good point, though they may be unstoppable with Smith. Who knows...I'd be pissed if I was smith and his career stats and HOF potential was being squandared by the combination of Delhomme and Fox's game philosophy.

This is hilarious. The same message board is now speculating that Miami is trading for Beason because some commenter (probably someone from the Huddle) on the Sun Sentinal's Dolphins blog pretending to be a writer from the Miami Herals made a joke saying that he was requesting a private meeting with Ireland (Miami's GM) to discuss rumors of a trade for Beason.

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/f2/rumour-armando-says-beason-260502.html

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2009/10/miami-dolphins-trade-deadline-approaches.html#comments

:lol:

serious question, IF Fox gets fired and new coach is Cowher or anyone who wants to run a 3-4 Defense. Would Beason need to be traded, ideally, because of his size?

Would beason bring a First Round pick?

Beason is almost the exact same size as Timmons who plays RILB for the Steelers so no size would not play an issue in the transition for him.

serious question, IF Fox gets fired and new coach is Cowher or anyone who wants to run a 3-4 Defense. Would Beason need to be traded, ideally, because of his size?

This is why I don't want Cowher. We need to stay in the 4-3.

4-3 PLayers:

Beason

Davis

Anderson

Diggs

E. Brown

CHarles Johnson

Damione Lewis

Chris Harris

Louis Leonard

Hollis Thomas

Maake Kemoatu

Hilee Taylor

Julius Peppers

Corey Irvin

Tyler Brayton

Yea some of our DT's might be able to play 3-4 nose for us but part of the reason we brought them in was because they were big bodies and would be more effective in our 4-3. I wouldn't mind some 3-4 hybrid schemes but the 4-3 should remain our base defense.

If Jon Beason is traded for any reason, I would seriously consider not liking the Panthers anymore lol :leaving:

Beason is almost the exact same size as Timmons who plays RILB for the Steelers so no size would not play an issue in the transition for him.

Dan Morgan was saying this morning that the new Defense playing so much Tampa 2 is killing Beason's game.

Anyway, good to know he could play in a 3-4. How good would he be is the next question.

I think there is a real possibility of Cowher coming in and this scenario playing out. Not sure we can get high enough in draft via trade(s) but I think Brandon Spikes is a prototypical big MLB to play a 3-4 defense in NFL, and they'd need to get someone like that. Plus, assuming there is a team overahaul, big trades, etc., drafting a home town boy for the Media to hype up may play well.

Archived