• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WQAM (miami) is reporting we are trying to trade Steve Smith to the Dolphins

Fiz

Hidden

I was listening to WFNZ yesterday and some of the morons there were suggesting that we trade Smith to get back into the first round next year.

That makes no sense to me. Let's suppose for a moment that we manage to get Bradford/Clausen/The Golden Calf of Bristol/McCoy or whichever quarterback goes in the top 10 next season with this imaginary pick we're trading for. How in the world is that rookie quarterback supposed to have any success with 37-year-old Muhsin Muhammad and Dwayne f'ing Jarrett as his top 2 receivers?

I was listening to WFNZ yesterday and some of the morons there were suggesting that we trade Smith to get back into the first round next year.

That makes no sense to me. Let's suppose for a moment that we manage to get Bradford/Clausen/The Golden Calf of Bristol/McCoy or whichever quarterback goes in the top 10 next season with this imaginary pick we're trading for. How in the world is that rookie quarterback supposed to have any success with 37-year-old Muhsin Muhammad and Dwayne f'ing Jarrett as his top 2 receivers?

Those morons on WFNZ piss me off........ so the front office trades next year's #1 pick to draft Pepper's "replacement" in Everett Brown..... and now they are going to get rid of Smith to get that #1 back, while keeping Peppers?? :confused:

Not trying to say I'm pro trading Smitty because I'm definitely not, DJ is averaging 9.5 yards per catch and catches every ball that gets close enough to him..........just saying ya know.

This is the opposite of a good idea for Carolina. Instead of getting rid of our one good WR, they should be thinking of how to help the guy out...by either getting him a capable QB, or else obtaining a viable #2 WR option.

DJ is our #2 he has all the ability to be, Davidson wont go 3 wide enough for him to prove himself and when he does Jake never looks his way or has time to.

trading D. Williams or Stewart and bumping up Goodsen to #2, assuming one of them would bring a top 10 draft pick? Would be a wiser trade to get that QB.

This is the opposite of a good idea for Carolina. Instead of getting rid of our one good WR, they should be thinking of how to help the guy out...by either getting him a capable QB, or else obtaining a viable #2 WR option.

Absofrikinloutly they should get a QB. But alas, we don't have anyone capable of evaluating QB talent.

One player doesn't make a team. Like the peppers situation, if HE feels like he is no longer part of this time, get him the fug outta here.

Or maybe we need to address the issues that make the players feel this way?

Think if we had been able to somehow appease Kris Jenkins? If we were able to motivate Peppers? If we could keep Smith happy?

I'm not condoning keeping players with attitudes -- I'm merely suggesting it would be better to keep these players happy instead of trading away some of our best talents.

Great.

Maybe without Smith, other teams won't have to double cover any of our receivers.

Nine in the box, anyone?

We were getting 265 yards rushing with 8-9 in the box Sunday... ;)

We just need a new QB who can make our other receiving targets more dangerous by actually throwing completions to them.

I know people will think I'm crazy (like I care) but as far as I'm concerned, it's not the QB that's the problem when it comes to Smitty because Delhomme will force a pass to Smitty faster than any other player on the team. The problem is that Davidson can't figure out creative ways to use Smitty. I don't care how many defenders they dedicate to him, there are ways to get him involved in the game. Hell, just putting him in motion more or using bunch formations will screw up some of these bracket coverages, and that's just a start.

As far as Delhomme goes, I actually believe he's a better QB when Smitty is not in there because he don't force nearly as many passes or zero in on one guy as much. If you look at all of his INTs this year, the majority of them happened when he was targeting Smith, so he's trying his damndest to get him the ball and he's paying for it.

Archived