• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WQAM (miami) is reporting we are trying to trade Steve Smith to the Dolphins

Fiz

I would take Bowe and Dorsey for Smith in a second but it won't happen.

Things are gonna shake up and some big moves will be made over this season and next.

Some are gonna be dead wrong, some are going to be celebrated, and some will surprise us one way or another over time.

Having Smith with Jake is a waste of Smith. Having a tall tough WR to compliment the run game and another DT for the rotation simply fits our "team" better right now.

It wouldn't mean jack sh*t to have Bowe when we still got Delhomme. Like I said before if they trade him, I want Henne, Bowe, Dorsey, a FS, a 1st and 2nd round draft pick. Thats the only way I'd possibly be ok with it.

If true, this is obviously coming from the top down.

Jerry Richardson, as a former receiver, obviously sees that the effort smitty has been putting forth on the field to be subpar and is initiating these talks.

No way hurney and fox would try to trade such a marquee player without blessing from the top.

that surprises me that people would change their team due to a bad FO move...It is not like bad fo moves haven't happened before....

This wouldn't just be a bad FO move. This would be the closest thing that an organization could ever come to flipping off their fans and telling them "fug you".

Not to mention that it makes no sense in any football aspect to want to trade him.

This wouldn't just be a bad FO move. This would be the closest thing that an organization could ever come to flipping off their fans and telling them "fug you".

Not to mention that it makes no sense in any football aspect to want to trade him.

it's not going to happen anyway...Like I said If it does I will eat Rt 81's Underwear!

When is everyone going to realize that as long as we don't have a competent QB it doesn't matter who we have at WR, even if he is a Pro Bowl receiver. We might as well trade Smith while he is still worth something now than wait until it's too late. Until we get a QB, which looks like it will be a few more years, Smith is wasted here.

It wouldn't mean jack sh*t to have Bowe when we still got Delhomme. Like I said before if they trade him, I want Henne, Bowe, Dorsey, a FS, a 1st and 2nd round draft pick. Thats the only way I'd possibly be ok with it.

I see your point. I like Smith too.

Bowe is not Smith for sure, but without Smith (suspension, injury) Jake seems to find the open man a little better (could be coincidence for sure). At this point I look at trading one virtually useless receiver for another (due to Jake) and getting a young and somewhat talented DT in the deal that we need.

Smith is only going to really contribute this year if he starts returning kicks again IMO. The smoke route has been all but snuffed out, and teams have shown that they are NEVER going to stop doubling Smitty.

With Jake that renders Smitty almost a waste of cap.

JMHO

I was listening to WFNZ yesterday and some of the morons there were suggesting that we trade Smith to get back into the first round next year.

That makes no sense to me. Let's suppose for a moment that we manage to get Bradford/Clausen/The Golden Calf of Bristol/McCoy or whichever quarterback goes in the top 10 next season with this imaginary pick we're trading for. How in the world is that rookie quarterback supposed to have any success with 37-year-old Muhsin Muhammad and Dwayne f'ing Jarrett as his top 2 receivers?

Archived