• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WQAM (miami) is reporting we are trying to trade Steve Smith to the Dolphins

Fiz

As soon as Smith's "I'm no longer an asset to this team" shiznit hit print the other day, every media outlet probably started salivating over the "what if he could play for us then" mentality. This is smoke.

I'll eat my crow if I'm wrong but this is exactly what I thought as well, there is a negative percent chance that we trade Smitty to the Dolphins who we face this season during the middle of the season.

I think it's safe to say if we trade Smith, we admit the season is lost and we're stockpiling for the future. That being said, I think Fox is still in a win-now mode to save his ass and put together something resembling a decent season. With the hardest part of the schedule coming up, we need Smitty, even if he's unhappy. Anyone see the blocks he was putting on for DeAngelo (I think it was the TD)? He's pretty much our 2nd best bet (behind Williams/Stewart) to win. I HIGHLY doubt we'll even consider trading him. He's the only thing resembling a respectable deep threat. Lose that, and imagine what teams can do to Delhomme. Not good. We won't trade him. We better not.

Remember a couple of years ago when Gross or Peppers or someone was going to the Vikings and it was a done deal. This smells kinda like that. Smitty, vents after the game and Miami maybe looking for WR help, so one plus one equals eight. And guys on the radio can talk about anything, including what they would like to see happen. Henning is still in Miami (right?) so familiar with the offense, Smith is upset in Charlotte, its a perfect match in fantasy football.

I would take Bowe and Dorsey for Smith in a second but it won't happen.

Things are gonna shake up and some big moves will be made over this season and next.

Some are gonna be dead wrong, some are going to be celebrated, and some will surprise us one way or another over time.

Having Smith with Jake is a waste of Smith. Having a tall tough WR to compliment the run game and another DT for the rotation simply fits our "team" better right now.

Archived