• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WQAM (miami) is reporting we are trying to trade Steve Smith to the Dolphins

Fiz

ah ha, been checking glazer's twitter, nothing.

yeah he talked about us on that show hes advertising in that last twitter post. he didnt mention smith specifically just that peppers wasnt going anywhere. gantt is also on wfnz.com right now if you want to listen live to talk about all the last minute action.

yeah he talked about us on that show hes advertising in that last twitter post. he didnt mention smith specifically just that peppers wasnt going anywhere. gantt is also on wfnz.com right now if you want to listen live to talk about all the last minute action.

ok Tony Starks

Smith has been putrid since late last year and hasn't given Jake a chance on his routes. This much is obvious.

If you can't see this then I suggest you go back to listening to sports radio where they won't question your baseless opinion.

smith's last 5 games of last year:

4 rec for 105 yards

9 rec for 117 yards

9 rec for 165 yards

3 rec for 47 yards

5 rec for 134 yards

Yeah, minus one game he was real putrid :rolleyes:

Sunday Smith was open twice downfield yet Jake over threw him. Like I said, we have a dumbass at QB.

Smith has been putrid since late last year and hasn't given Jake a chance on his routes. This much is obvious.

If you can't see this then I suggest you go back to listening to sports radio where they won't question your baseless opinion.

really? I saw Smitty week one beat one of the best CBs in the league.....Jake underthrew him/couldn't get him the ball.......now flashforward to last week and Steve was still beating guys and Jake overthrew him/couldn't get him the ball. Seems to be Smitty is doing his job...like always. Jake just stinks.

there is no way this is happening. i worked at wqam in miami. this is the same station who has a radio host (steve goldtein) who randomly posts on twitter "dolphins giving up 2 picks for bowe" then when he got his twitter blown up asking his source etc etc

he back tracks and basically gives no info and says its BS

that station is ran by clowns. dont worry about it everyone. steve smith is NOT going to miami

id rather have bowe anyways :):)

Thanks.

smith's last 5 games of last year:

4 rec for 105 yards

9 rec for 117 yards

9 rec for 165 yards

3 rec for 47 yards

5 rec for 134 yards

Yeah, minus one game he was real putrid :rolleyes:

Sunday Smith was open twice downfield yet Jake over threw him. Like I said, we have a dumbass at QB.

really? I saw Smitty week one beat one of the best CBs in the league.....Jake underthrew him/couldn't get him the ball.......now flashforward to last week and Steve was still beating guys and Jake overthrew him/couldn't get him the ball. Seems to be Smitty is doing his job...like always. Jake just stinks.

Oh yay that really proves your point, thank you.

:skep:

At least someone posted the facts. You know, instead of my baseless opinion.

I'm not saying Smith is perfect by any means, but he's still one of the best in the league. Remember Moss in Oakland?

barely relevant facts are still facts, I guess.

Funny that you mention moss in oakland, because smith is doing the exact same thing here... dogging it.

I'm sure smith has the ability to be dominant still, I merely question his want to.

barely relevant facts are still facts, I guess.

Funny that you mention moss in oakland, because smith is doing the exact same thing here... dogging it.

I'm sure smith has the ability to be dominant still, I merely question his want to.

give two examples of Smith "dogging it". B/c the facts and play of Smitty last season don't support your claim of him sucking the 2nd half. This year, the only thing preventing him from making plays so far this year is a QB not being able to hit him when he beats his man.

I have yet to see Smith soundly beat his man before the ball has been thrown this year. (key part in italics)

Game sealing int during the Atlanta game... direct result of smith dogging it.

Several deep back shoulder throws have been made to him... he's gone after 0 by my count and at least one was intercepted as a result.

Smith has yet to break a tackle that I've seen.

Arizona playoff game... two INTs directly his fault for alligator arming

Similar effort problems in the last 3 games of last season.

Do I still need to go on?

This week watch smith instead of staring at the QB. You'll notice he isn't getting off the line very well and jogging through a lot of routes.

Of course as I say this, he's going to explode for a big game and completely prove me wrong. (I'm hoping for it)

I have yet to see Smith soundly beat his man before the ball has been thrown this year. (key part in italics)

Game sealing int during the Atlanta game... direct result of smith dogging it.

Several deep back shoulder throws have been made to him... he's gone after 0 by my count and at least one was intercepted as a result.

Smith has yet to break a tackle that I've seen.

Arizona playoff game... two INTs directly his fault for alligator arming

Similar effort problems in the last 3 games of last season.

Do I still need to go on?

This week watch smith instead of staring at the QB. You'll notice he isn't getting off the line very well and jogging through a lot of routes.

Of course as I say this, he's going to explode for a big game and completely prove me wrong. (I'm hoping for it)

I agree with you to some extent. But I think it comes when they don't get him the ball. He gets frustrated. When they get him the ball early, he plays with intensity. Every time he catches the ball early, he gets up screaming and fist pumping, and looks like the Steve Smith of old. But when the ball isn't thrown to him, and the play calls appear to not be geared towards getting him involved, I think he gets frustrated.

And if he does explode this game, you are not wrong. It just means he broke out that one game. I want to see last years Smitty.

Archived