• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.....tell me about Raleigh.

shinner

I have zero interest in living in a town where it takes 20 minutes to go a couple miles to a grocery store.

about this...just a comment, not directed at you.

Its funny how people move to the suburbs to get away from the city. I find it much easier to get around "in town" than out on the outskirts, i.e. Huntersville, Pineville, etc...the traffic out there is maddening.

I live "in town" and can get to one Teeter in 2 minutes, the other in 5 or 10.

medium_bubba_sparxxx.jpg

don't git it :confused:

much worse than Raleigh, and I've lived in both areas.

Hmm....tanks.

Its funny how people move to the suburbs to get away from the city. I find it much easier to get around "in town" than out on the outskirts, i.e. Huntersville, Pineville, etc...the traffic out there is maddening.

I went on a hunt for a Panthers winter hat when I was down for the Broncos game last year...that was through the burbs (I forget where exactly) and yer right....it took forever and was quite maddening. Having said that, I'd never live anywhere in that area (probably couldn't afford it anyway). BUT...if there was a store there that had something I needed and couldn't get anywhere else, I'd much rather drive to it, get what I needed and escape vs living there.

don't git it :confused:

Hmm....tanks.

I went on a hunt for a Panthers winter hat when I was down for the Broncos game last year...that was through the burbs (I forget where exactly) and yer right....it took forever and was quite maddening. Having said that, I'd never live anywhere in that area (probably couldn't afford it anyway). BUT...if there was a store there that had something I needed and couldn't get anywhere else, I'd much rather drive to it, get what I needed and escape vs living there.

My next move will probably be to the country. somewhere up 321 around Lincolnton or something.

I either want convenience or isolation. :)

I like the isolation....conveniences that are a short drive away are pretty much cool with me :)

Yup, you can live in the country, and take a 10 min drive away, or live in the burbs and take a 20 minute drive to a store 5 miles away...to each his own.

Right now in my life, im enjoying the city, but im sure that will change.

I lived in Wake Forest just north of Raleigh for a little while and I enjoyed living there. Like you, I'd much rather live in a small town. The only problem I had was that my job at the time was in downtown Raleigh and the daily drive did get annoying.

I like the isolation....conveniences that are a short drive away are pretty much cool with me :)

well the triad area might be ok with you then...If you want the isolation there are many areas in the Triad that would suit you...archdale...mt. airy...climax...if you don't mind total backassward way of living and you could drive 30-45 minutes to the Best Buy :). Me I like a city. I lived in High Point and it was great for the family life...but thank god I got divorced after I moved back to Charlotte.

Archived