• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Advice from Charlotte locals

ericr0319

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Its a great watering hole though. 

solid for people in that neck of the woods who live there, but not for people visiting, especially for experience. The city is trying to grow that area, but it's obvious that they have put millions of dollar into south end and uptown for visitors. They re-evaluated the tourism budget last year after we didn't move forward with the MLS team (thank god).

Funny part about it, the most utilized tourism activity.... the electronic scooter which was brought in by a private company without the consent of the city. 

I am not a fan of Charlotte... Too many people, sketchy places, traffic, rude, charge you for everything people. Only place I like ish about Charlotte is University area... and the 2 mile radius of the Stadium... That sums it up for me... Cheers. 

6 hours ago, bull123 said:

Stay Uptown & uber to NODA District...make it easy on your self

Hampton or Hilton Garden uptown will be cheapest...close to NASCAR Hall of Fame...walk to stadium

lots of other more expensive choices for hotels...uber around $10 to anywhere uptown & closeby

The best advice, but it's too late in the game to get a room at either of these. Unless you just keep checking and hope for a cancellation.

7 hours ago, ericr0319 said:

I am coming up (from Florida) for the Car/NYG game. Never been to Charlotte before, but have been a fan since 1995. What areas do you recommend to stay in? I am thinking Air BnB rather than hotel, but I want to stay in a safe/hip area. Coming with my girlfriend so this is important to her. I am 30 and she is 27, so looking for an area with walking distance to younger bars and restaurants. We are coming the Friday morning so we can enjoy the city/weekend. Any recommendations are great. I live in downtown Tampa, so I know all downtowns have their rough patches. I am just trying to avoid that. Thanks!

I stayed in the Hilton Center City for an international football match this summer.  The hotel was very good and the area was awesome and the walk between BofA and the hotel was easy.  Lots of fun restaurants and pubs around the area.

Just now, toldozer said:

Another vote for South end. My friend use to live right across from all American. I can't remember the building name but I'm sure there would be someone doing air bnb in there.  

Post South End, and the apartment complex doesnt allow AirBnBs. Getting caught = eviction and lawsuit if they choose.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Post South End, and the apartment complex doesnt allow AirBnBs. Getting caught = eviction and lawsuit if they choose.

He had a condo so I'm not sure.  I don't think he ever rented it out so don't know the rules of that building. 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

oh nice! My bad. There are some condos behind the old Phat Burrito. Unless he had those 500k lofts above lincoln haberdashery?

His was in the 200s when he bought  i think.  He just sold it and did pretty well i believe.  behind phat burrito right on the light rail line across from all American and I wanna say hot taco.

1 minute ago, toldozer said:

His was in the 200s when he bought  i think.  He just sold it and did pretty well i believe.  behind phat burrito right on the light rail line across from all American and I wanna say hot taco.

its unreal how much the market value has gone up in south end, absolutely criminal.

Archived