• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All the pieces are lining up for a Peppers trade to New England

Fiz

I wouldn't mind this kind of deal at all. Even if we do win next week there is no chance of us catching the Saints or the Falcons. The wildcard will also be hard to almost impossible to get. If the Panthers can get value for him now with a team that wants to get over the hump then I'm all for it. I agree with what has been said about Johnson and the rest of the DE's, I think we would be fine. At least the guys in there would play hard. Wouldn't mind getting a WR or something out of the deal but they probably aren't willing to cut ties with any of them. Maybe a safety or db but I don't think their secondary is any more talented than ours.

Thats the only thing I don't like in trading him midseason, we wouldn't be able to get another player of his calibar until the offseason.

Tully Banta Cain, the only real pass rush from the outside for the New England Patriots, was just released after playing 60% of the defensive snaps on Sunday against the Titans.

Adalius Thomas, 2007's OTHER huge free agent acquisition, was benched Sunday due to performance reasons.

The only consistent starter is 95 year old Derrick Burgess who's anything but impressive.

It is now clear that the Tom Brady has rediscovered his rhythm, and the Patriots offense might be even better now with the addition of Edelman.

Peppers has mysteriously been playing far better these past two games...perhaps he was told that if he stepped it up, they could work out a trade?

CALLING IT

Yeah, Belichek might give us a 4th for Peppers, assuming he can crap 11 million dollars in cap space out of the blue.

They're not trading Peppers until the offseason and that's only because they won't be willing to pay him 20 million for one season. If they were going to trade Peppers they would have done so before the season started... trading him mid-season would be too drastic a move for this franchise.

do the math. we were willing to give him 90 million for 5 years with 35 guaranteed. This way we pay him 17 for this year, 20 for next, and then either let him go or trade him anytime. It is actually cheaper to pay as we go with nothing guaranteed. Particularly if next year isn't capped.

uh catman, how do you propose they trade him at the end of the season.

think long and hard about this, and take into consideration the fact he's a free agent after this year.

He was a free agent at the end of last year too. we will tag him like we did last year.

Does anyone understand that if their is NO salary cap next year expect there to be no football either. If the CBA cannot be agreed upon between owners and players, then say hello to NO FOOTBALL

Yeah there will be football. The uncapped year is part of the old CBA agreement. There is no way the league and the players are willing to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. This is just the business equivalent of a game of chicken.

and much like last year the offers will just come pouring in

What makes you think we want to trade him? If he continues on the pace he is going now he will have a great year and will either rise in value or be worth keeping him again. Might even sign him long-term when he finds out no one else wants him. Even if we franchise him for 2 more years it will cheaper than signing him long term and his best years will be behind him.

The Franchise Tag is effective if the player in question will be a bargain at a 20% increase. Peppers was not this year and will have a 20 million dollar figure next year as a FT. Hurney showed all of football why you don't do it when you're talking the kind of money peppers would be due this year.

That's why you see some NFL organizations using the FT on punters, where the FT can be used to your advantage. Give a 2 million dollar player a 20% raise by locking him down, that works.

Add onto that the fact no one wanted Peppers as you say and you have the Panthers roster problems.

What makes you think we want to trade him? If he continues on the pace he is going now he will have a great year and will either rise in value or be worth keeping him again. Might even sign him long-term when he finds out no one else wants him. Even if we franchise him for 2 more years it will cheaper than signing him long term and his best years will be behind him.

Let's just extend Fox, Hurney, and Delhomme for another 100 years while we're at it.

Carolina didn't want to move him....why would offers pour in for a player a team doesn't want to trade and for a player that only would be willing to move for teams he can count on 1 hand.

Congratulations you have just written the 100th ignorant post of the day!! Your prize is a free date with any of these beautiful women.

Peppers has run his course here just as Delhomme, Fox, and Hurney have. If you can't see that, then that's fine, but I really don't see how that makes me ignorant.

He would have signed already if he planned on staying- ship him to san fran

Archived