• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All the pieces are lining up for a Peppers trade to New England

Fiz

Tully Banta Cain, the only real pass rush from the outside for the New England Patriots, was just released after playing 60% of the defensive snaps on Sunday against the Titans.

Adalius Thomas, 2007's OTHER huge free agent acquisition, was benched Sunday due to performance reasons.

The only consistent starter is 95 year old Derrick Burgess who's anything but impressive.

It is now clear that the Tom Brady has rediscovered his rhythm, and the Patriots offense might be even better now with the addition of Edelman.

Peppers has mysteriously been playing far better these past two games...perhaps he was told that if he stepped it up, they could work out a trade?

CALLING IT

Tully Banta Cain, the only real pass rush from the outside for the New England Patriots, was just released after playing 60% of the defensive snaps on Sunday against the Titans.

Adalius Thomas, 2007's OTHER huge free agent acquisition, was benched Sunday due to performance reasons.

The only consistent starter is 95 year old Derrick Burgess who's anything but impressive.

It is now clear that the Tom Brady has rediscovered his rhythm, and the Patriots offense might be even better now with the addition of Edelman.

Peppers has mysteriously been playing far better these past two games...perhaps he was told that if he stepped it up, they could work out a trade?

CALLING IT

so you explained how the Pats would benefit......now how why would Hurney/Fox trade considering they are looking at a 5 win season in the face and trading Peppers only will make the defense worse? I guess you are in the camp that thinks Fox will be employed here w/ a 4 or 5 win season? I mean w/o Pep you can't realistically say they would even have posted two wins....considering the defense was a key reason we barely beat two bottom dwellers.

the panthers have a glut of young defensive end talent and will be able to mitigate his loss

the drop off from peppers wouldn't be as significant as many people here have convinced themselves it would be.

they won't be able to resign him this offseason and will get a 3rd if they're lucky

the patriots have a trillion draft picks, and his value is never going to be higher.

Tully Banta Cain is a good player, he's always hustling when i see him on the field. The guy has 3 sacks and makes 620,000$. Also, Tully has ties to NC, so I'm not sure why he wouldn't be packaged in the deal if this was going to happen.

Not sure why you cut a guy like that. Did he make a joke that Tom Brady or Randy Moss didn't like? Then they add a has been in Junior Seau.

They always keep winning though...

the panthers have a glut of young defensive end talent and will be able to mitigate his loss

the drop off from peppers wouldn't be as significant as many people here have convinced themselves it would be.

they won't be able to resign him this offseason and will get a 3rd if they're lucky

the patriots have a trillion draft picks, and his value is never going to be higher.

As CJ is far more consistent I would rather have him starting (at LDE) with Brown/Brayton (at RDE). Even if we only get the Raiders first (as it will be a top 8 pick) I would rip there arm off.

but you do acknowledge that this season....if they trade him it hurts the team to some degree now and the real benefit comes after this season. Why would Fox/Hurney be concerned about improving the situation for the next coach and almost ensuring they will be gone?

fox and hurney aren't going anywhere.

ok, then I can accept your reasoning if you think they are safe regardless....then your trade makes sense.

I don't think they are as safe. A 5 win season and odds are strong if you keep Fox the QB situation will still be Jake and then back to finding a backup "just in case" to groom for the future....leading to another doomed season. I think Richardson is gonna feel too much heat after this season to not make a move w/ a 5 or 6 win season given the roster of talent (not to mention the unCarolina type behavior that seems to be occuring in the lockerrom. Not saying that atmosphere is fully here yet....but signs are foreshadowing it)

Peppers is not going anywhere. That would just be cutting Fox's and Hurney's throat mid season

I agree Fox and Hurney are not going anywhere as long as Peppers stays this year

Then JR you need to hurry up and trade him. So we can be rid of this embarrassment.

Archived