• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Any Linux users here?

TerriblePizza

• 4 months later...

Its because roughly 1% of people use it. Its the same for Mac. Theres no point in making a virus for something so few people use. Most viruses are some sort of money making thing.

Not making them for Linux/unix not making sense, You do know it is literally the backbone of the internet and almost all major servers run a version of linux or unix. If you count all the versions of linux/unix it would be more then 1 percent of the computer user population.

I installed Ubuntu on my laptop and all I got was this stupid dollar sign thingie..

Seriously, I manage VMWare ESX server farms which run a modified Red Hat kernel and they are great at what they do. Ran Solaris and IRIX in the mid 90's.

But the average or above average home user would be driven nuts trying to work with driver and program installs - if they are lucky, their hardware will be detected out of the box and things like networking will go OK.

That being said I am thinking about putting a desktop linux distro on my old laptop again, maybe one that does not require I remember the stupid command is "startx" or something like that.

Archived