• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A hopeful observation about the Panthers offense

Jeremy Igo

The Norv hiring reminds a bit of the Kalil signing..  People want to get excited because of the name and pedigree but nothing in their recent history really suggest success.

If you didn't know his name and only looked at the last 5 years I'm not sure people would be as excited.  

With all that being said I was ok with the hiring because of two reasons.  I think it will benefit Cam to be around a coach that has been around other great quarterbacks.  Also I think he one of the few coaches we could have hired (maybe the only one) that would have got some freedom from Ron to coach like they want.

We could have hired the most progressive, successful OC of the past few years and I'm not convinced Ron would give them the freedom they need.

10 hours ago, AU-panther said:

The Norv hiring reminds a bit of the Kalil signing..  People want to get excited because of the name and pedigree but nothing in their recent history really suggest success.

If you didn't know his name and only looked at the last 5 years I'm not sure people would be as excited.  

With all that being said I was ok with the hiring because of two reasons.  I think it will benefit Cam to be around a coach that has been around other great quarterbacks.  Also I think he one of the few coaches we could have hired (maybe the only one) that would have got some freedom from Ron to coach like they want.

We could have hired the most progressive, successful OC of the past few years and I'm not convinced Ron would give them the freedom they need.

Norv Turner has proven he can coach at a high level . Kalil has yet to prove he can. Unless Shula drugs Norv he has talent all over the place with the Panthers similar to Dallas back in the day. There will be a point where people will think Kalil and other players have "got it" all the while forgetting its Norv. All Rivera has to do is make sure Washington can produce a 17 point defense and we have a SB this year. 

Archived