• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A hopeful observation about the Panthers offense

Jeremy Igo

Huge knock on wood.

One thing I realized today is that Cam is getting rid of the ball quicker than I have ever seen. Gone are the days of 4 to 5 second passing plays. Most are out within 2-3 seconds.

Apparently Norv is willing to address what has been so painfully obvious to us all for so long.

If Norv honestly gives Cam a lot of short passes, it’d definitely be a huge change for Norv’s philosophy and scheme.

In the past, Norv was pure Coryell and depended largely on deep iso routes. Generally put, that was my biggest concern about Norv coming in. I don’t have the confidence in Matt Kalil and Daryl Williams to be able to handle those long developing plays Norv used with the Vikings and Chargers. 

If Turner truly has put that in the past, I can’t wait to see how his new philosophy works out.

30 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Huge knock on wood.

One thing I realized today is that Cam is getting rid of the ball quicker than I have ever seen. Gone are the days of 4 to 5 second passing plays. Most are out within 2-3 seconds.

Apparently Norv is willing to address what has been so painfully obvious to us all for so long.

I don't like it. 

I like how Norv is very hands-on with his pieces too. Tweaking Cam, the WRs, and TEs every minute detail. I can't say Shula never did but it sure wasn't reported if he was. I like what I'm hearing, seeing, and reading but I can't wait for the pads to go on so we can truly get an impression. 

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Maybe that is why they are putting Silatolu at G---to remind Cam to get rid of the ball.image.png.e6ca53138398fa129ab6ee70af19cfff.png

Man I can't stop rotfl that will send the dam message quick as possible imagine the first play Amini laying in his back kicking his legs in the air when he's suppose to be blocking Cam you got about two seconds to find a WR it's all making so much sense now a huddle vet comes thru with the clarity I completely understand now.

Archived