• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 2018 Minicamp - Day 1 thread

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, shaqattaq said:

Agreed. Why wait until we put on pads and Poe throws him around like a rag doll? Amini is nothing more than a versatile backup.

Amini isn’t an NFL caliber football player. The only year of his career he wasn’t a Panther he sat watching at the house until we called him the following year. We’re seriously the only team in the league willing to offer him employment.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Amini isn’t an NFL caliber football player. The only year of his career he wasn’t a Panther he sat watching at the house until we called him the following year. We’re seriously the only team in the league willing to offer him employment.

Which frustrates the poo out of most of us, this why we pretty much all hate him

1 minute ago, brandon_87 said:

Which frustrates the poo out of most of us, this why we pretty much all hate him

I don’t hate the guy. It’s not his fault he sucks. He’s obviously well liked by the coaching staff which says that he’s coachable and working hard. That’s all you can ask of a player. It’s on the GM for not providing better talent and/or the coaching staff for not recognizing better talent already on the roster.

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I'll worry about it game 1 or possibly preseason. Sure as poo not concerned about who gets reps in minicamp 

I would agree if we haven’t watched Ron play his favorite vets over clearly superior younger talent. 

2nd team All-Pro Daryl Williams watched Super Bowl 50 from the sidelines while Von Miller treated Mike Remmers like a turnstile. Never forget.

5 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

Man this offense has the potential to be scary good, like top 5 in the league good I think. The WR upgrades, CMC in year two, CJ Anderson, healthy Cam, NORV MF TURNER.

Where is da super bowl again?

I am a positive person so I rarely underestimate...but I have to admit, Marty Hurney has really surprised me. I didn't want him back because the same reason that re-marriages don't work...  I really thought Gettleman was THE STUFF until he did one of the dumbest things I have ever seen someone with his intelligence do, with the Norman debacle.  It was pride or ego that made that decision. At least that is the only thing I can come up with for why someone would do what he did without a plan in action. People in his position just can't do things like that. Its way too big to make quick emotional major decisions like he did.  I know he was trying to set a mood that he wouldn't be pushed around, but he did it with maybe the only position and caliber of player that he couldn't. 

So what idiot didn't know we were picking CBs in the first few rounds....we reached. I still think that if a man is fixing his toilet when his name is called, then he probably went a little too early. lol BUT, this wasn't supposed to be about Gettleman, but there is NO way Gettleman has us in this good of shape going into the season.  We don't have CJ Anderson, Torrey Smith, and we would still have Benji so we probably wouldn't have picked DJ Moore. 

Marty Hurney, I am sorry. I thought you would have us in worse shape and darn if you didn't flip the script.  Instead of us being the dumping grounds, you sent an oft injured, not motivated Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo and made a deal that made you look pretty darn smart when you sent a ticking time bomb to the Super Bowl Champs for needed vet presence in the WR room.

I remember Marty Hurney as the man that would let Peppers go and give his money to Charles Johnson. Then have two RBs making way too much... What in the world happened?  Did you get smart from Local Fan Radio? Honestly, I thought Mr. Richardson had truly lost his mind when he made you the interim GM and then even with the restraining order and that mess out there, he still promoted you to the same position that he fired you for a few years ago. I have to hand it to you, you learned from your mistakes and didn't let pride or ego get in the way of that. You were smart enough to figure out where you went wrong and corrected it. Please forgive me for not giving you the benefit of the doubt!  

Oh and I usually just read the forum and don't post much, I would have started a new topic, but I am not allowed to since I don't have enough posts. I am going to try to be more active so I don't hijack someones thread and maybe someone can move it, but when I read that quote by Kary Collins, I just realized that I was happy Marty Hurney was our GM! 

Archived