• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Minicamp this week

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Depends on whether Tepper does anything up front when he takes over.

I don't think he will, but you never know.

I'm holding out hope that he gives the FO an enema within the first week.   I would have thought there would be some rumors floating around about his intentions for the team but it's been very quiet so far.

Most of the talking heads say Tepper is going to stand pat for this season, though I have heard from.one guy who believes he's gonna clean house in the front office.

I'm more inclined to believe the former but again, we'll see.

Coaching staff is obviously safe this year but beyond that it's anyone's guess.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Most of the talking heads say Tepper is going to stand pat for this season, though I have heard from.one guy who believes he's gonna clean house in the front office.

I'm more inclined to believe the former but again, we'll see.

Coaching staff is obviously safe this year but beyond that it's anyone's guess.

I don't put much stock in what talking heads have to say, especially on this matter.  Tepper is unpredictable.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I don't put much stock in what talking heads have to say, especially on this matter.  Tepper is unpredictable.

What I take the most seriously are his own comments, especially the ones about not knowing anything yet.

Granted, lots of guys act all "aw shucks, I don't know anything" when they actually know plenty, but right now I think he means it.

The question becomes how long that lasts. Personally, I wouldn't give it more than a year. And if he brings in a team president to run things, all bets are off.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

What I take the most seriously are his own comments, especially the ones about not knowing anything yet.

Granted, lots of guys act all "aw shucks, I don't know anything" when they actually know plenty, but right now I think he means it.

The question becomes how long that lasts. Personally, I wouldn't give it more than a year. And if he brings in a team president to run things, all bets are off.

This is what I'm waiting to see happen.  I don't buy his "I don't know anything" comment.  The man has been a part of one team long enough to know the behind the curtain details for day to day operation.   I can understand him not knowing "everything" about the Panthers yet, although he should have done enough investigation to know what he's buying before he placed a bid.  But I'm sure he still has to check all the closets for skeletons and find out where the bodies are buried.

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This is what I'm waiting to see happen.  I don't buy his "I don't know anything" comment.  The man has been a part of one team long enough to know the behind the curtain details for day to day operation.   I can understand him not knowing "everything" about the Panthers yet, although he should have done enough investigation to know what he's buying before he placed a bid.  But I'm sure he still has to check all the closets for skeletons and find out where the bodies are buried.

If it were me, I'd hire a president right away so they could start getting the lay of the land immediately. They could use this season to figure out what's what.

Our fellow Huddler Woodie pointed out that the Steelers could easily have asked Tepper to wait a year before taking any of their people. That's definitely possible.

Archived