• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things I think I think after watching Panthers OTAs

Jeremy Igo

More common sense:

http://m.panthers.com/news/article-2/Grill-Bill-DJ-Moore-contract/4f8fa7bf-2650-4385-9748-db7cc895c9df

As I wrote last week, it's silly to put too much weight into the on-field stuff right now. They're mostly just working on installation and retention. Jobs aren't being won or lost. So while I understand the hunger for any type of football information, we can't truly start judging how guys look until the pads come on in training camp. 

8 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Can't compare RT and LT. Although both are tackle positions, the word is the only thing they have in common.

Now, if you want to say Gross was a better LT than Remmers was/is as a RT, maybe you can draw that line. But c'mon, Gross was a 3-time Pro Bowl tackle.

Gross is the best OT in franchise history. Honestly, he’s probably the best OL period in franchise history. Mike Remmers is a JAG. He played admirably well for us at RT, but his Achilles heel will always be speed rushers off the edge. He just doesn’t have the feet to stay in front of those guys. It’s the biggest thing that separates legit starting OTs from the JAGs. You either have that lateral quickness and agility or you don’t.

On 6/8/2018 at 10:41 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Gross is the best OT in franchise history. Honestly, he’s probably the best OL period in franchise history. Mike Remmers is a JAG. He played admirably well for us at RT, but his Achilles heel will always be speed rushers off the edge. He just doesn’t have the feet to stay in front of those guys. It’s the biggest thing that separates legit starting OTs from the JAGs. You either have that lateral quickness and agility or you don’t.

Which is probably why the Vikes moved him to guard last season.

Archived