• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Things I think I think after watching Panthers OTAs

Jeremy Igo

Benjamin and Funchess were simply much more raw when they came out. Moore is a much more polished receiver, even if his route tree was somewhat limited. Even with the seeming limitations, Moore showed some versatility at the collegiate level.

So far we have stayed healthy and that is number 1. Line play is all about chemistry. Way too early to determine how the line will play until we know who the starters are and they have time to work together.  That won't likely be finalized until the preseason at the earliest.

I'm really hoping that having a healthy offseason will produce a Matt Kalil that looks greatly improved from last year, but anyone who saw him play last year shouldn't be surprised to hear that he's getting worked over. He was bad.

The only thing worse than not having a legit LT is having a guy you're paying like a legit LT who isn't a legit LT.

More of this please 

• Fans of the I-formation will be happy to hear that there were multiple plays with Christian McCaffrey lined up behind Alex Armah and Chris Manhertz and Ian Thomas along the outside – they also lined up in this formation in goal-line situations and ran four straight rush plays – second, third and fourth down belonged to McCaffrey, Newton and Cameron Artis-Payne. The first carry in goal-line drills? That went to Alex Armah.

19 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Yeah I’m excited for armah. Send some isos up that right side of the line with armah blocking and cja should always be able to get a nice gain

I think he is the one I am most interested about going into training camp.   I am hoping that they also use him out of the backfield catching passes.   He is going to be a bulldozer if he gets into the 2nd level.

12 hours ago, SOJA said:

@Jeremy Igo How does Moore look in comparison to Benji and/or Funch did at this same time of their career?

He looks much more like a NFL receiver out there than either of those two. Kelvin just relied on his size basically. Funchess was as green as green gets.

DJ Moore fits right in with the vets.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

He looks much more like a NFL receiver out there than either of those two. Kelvin just relied on his size basically. Funchess was as green as green gets.

DJ Moore fits right in with the vets.

this is v good news. v good. 

17 hours ago, dpm0409 said:

I'm definitely not arguing the fact that the left side of the O-line (along w the safeties) are our biggest weaknesses....but judging offensive and defensive linemen in late May/early June isn't going to tell you very much, if anything at all. 

We're all craving that next fix of juicy Panthers news, but almost everything you read this time of year (outside of signing/releasing someone or major injury news) is going to be a fluff piece.  Some better than others, but that's just all there is for the most part right now.  Once TC is here and the pads are poppin'.....that's when some decent genuine analysis can begin to happen.

No, I agree.  You see footwork, technique, and hand placement.  You do not see much anything after the point of contact.  If Kalil is not getting to the spot, it is sign of a problem.  If he is off balance or too high, or if his hands are not extended etc. Problem.

Archived