• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My first 2018 Carolina Panthers roster projection

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

And yet this year he only gives Shep a 1 year $1.3 million deal. That's more befitting a ST ace / god I hope we need him as a WR guy.

About Matt, I just read this in Grill Bill (grain of salt), and really hope that it's true.

"Now, about Kalil: I get he’s a popular punching bag, but folks inside the building are excited about where he’s at right now. Namely, he’s healthy. Yeah, you heard that last year when he was coming off hip surgery. But that’s the point. He spent the majority of last offseason rehabbing. 

I chatted with Kalil for a while on Thursday, and he said the difference in where he’s at a year later is “night and day” since he’s been able to ditch the training room for the weight room. Give him a little longer before eyeing future drafts."

I do think he (and the entire line) played a lot better down the stretch after Ryan returned. I am cautiously optimistic that he and whomever will be able to hold down the left side of the line adequately, if not superbly.

Not if it's Amini. Needs to be Moton or Larsen, hands down.

7 hours ago, KB_fan said:

DG was really on a spending spree last year. It's pretty shocking in hindsight how much he paid for Shepard and Captain.  Matt K too, of course, but that one is at least a little more understandable given the dearth of starting caliber LTs in the league.

I’m hindsight, last offseason looks like a fuging train wreck.

Seems to be a reasonable list.  I could see a few changes, maybe one more RB, one less CB. 

Also of the receivers not named Funchess they are all fairly short, 6'1" or less.  What are the chances we keep someone like Bug Howard over Byrd?

8 hours ago, Boundary Guru said:

I, too, are interested, in the thought of Short and Poe, on the field together.

Doubt we see it much at the beginning, of the season, unless we are playing a running team.

Short and Poe eill be the starters....unless I am misunderstanding this 

Colin jones is a safety who’s liable in coverage so that means he is not good depth.. mike Adams goes down searcy will be forced in the box gaulden fed to the wolves.. one of those 2 or both go down then what? All for a handful of REPLACABLE special teams tackles..

On 6/1/2018 at 10:12 AM, shaqattaq said:

"Now, about Kalil: I get he’s a popular punching bag, but folks inside the building are excited about where he’s at right now. Namely, he’s healthy. Yeah, you heard that last year when he was coming off hip surgery. But that’s the point. He spent the majority of last offseason rehabbing. 

I chatted with Kalil for a while on Thursday, and he said the difference in where he’s at a year later is “night and day” since he’s been able to ditch the training room for the weight room. Give him a little longer before eyeing future drafts."

Matt Kalil did play better down the stretch...but just so many mental errors early on.  I hope he plays better this year.

Archived