• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel might be the breakout player this year

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Torrey Smith better show that he is going to produce at a high level if these youngsters are looking that good so far. Smith's salary could make him a cap casualty if he gets passed on the depth chart, especially if he doesn't contribute on special teams. $5M is a lot for a complimentary player when we have options.

I can believe this Wrights our Cotchrey type and the other options seem to valuable (rookie contracts) all four are making pennies in comparison but may be able to make a major impact. Not knocking Torrey but there's a reason he was traded that cap hit with his production don't add up to 5 mil. We need a vertical threat that can consistently keep that safety in the middle or thinking about him. If he makes a mil or 5 mil we have options just need someone to step up.

6 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins Ph.D. said:

Yall have to remember. Norv Turner spent his first 5 years in the NFL as a WR coach.  

That gives me hope I didn't know that about Norv.

7 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Rivera fired him when Gettleman left. Then Gettleman hired him. Think about it.

I thought about it.

And what I thought is that you're desperately bitter at your ex-husband who married up after you dumped him so you're making up abuse stories to tell the police.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Norv looks like he knows what to do with Samuel, unlike Shula who Rivera even admitted late in the year had no idea how to use him.

Samuel has been working as a pure speed threat, mainly in the slot, and is getting behind defenders with ease. If he can be full go at training camp, watch out.

For the record, I feel like a lot of his injury issues last year stemmed from him transitioning from a RB hybrid to a WR. It takes time for your body to adjust to the new actions being performed. Samuel since has slimmed down a bit and looks more the part of a WR.

Carolina-Panthers.jpg

He was listed at about 195 last year

He weighed in at the combine at 196.  Did he start to bulk up prior to the combine?

Plus he ran a 4.31 at that size.

If he's slimmed down and looks faster now, how fast is he?

I still stay firm in my belief, he is going to be our Tyreek Hill in our offense.  Slot Deep shot threat.  Quick screen outs getting the ball in his hands, and still the occasional motion to the backfield just like KC does with Hill.

I cant Wait to see this offense under Norv and these WR.

I think the loss of Norwell may not be felt as hard as some think. While the new guy wont be the great white buffalo. They wont be facing stacked boxes.

Shula's predictability combined with no deep targets, led to team loading all in the box.  Samuel and Moore are going to cause teams to pull back,  waaay back.

Imagine CMC getting through a crease in the DL and the backs are 30 yards down field making sure our WRs arent open for the long shot.

See how Big Ginn just speed in general helped this offense overall even if he didn't catch a pass.  Now imagine 3 of those calibre athletes and a OC that knows what to do with them 

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Singing the praises of a guy that he'd tried to get fired just a year before?

(Voth and Person have both confirmed that)

The Giants were on something like their third choice by that point.

Yes, of course Shula was the third choice and they hired him because apparently all other OCs everywhere already had their dream jobs and the Giants just needed someone for the media guide.

Voth (who used to write for Cat Scratch Reader dot com) and Person (seriously?) have confirmed that Gettleman wanted to fire Shula.  It's a good thing for Shula that he turned in such an impressive performance last year, otherwise he never would have landed in the Big Apple, right?  I mean, it WAS an impressive performance, right?

8 minutes ago, Cyberjag said:

Yes, of course Shula was the third choice and they hired him because apparently all other OCs everywhere already had their dream jobs and the Giants just needed someone for the media guide.

Voth (who used to write for Cat Scratch Reader dot com) and Person (seriously?) have confirmed that Gettleman wanted to fire Shula.  It's a good thing for Shula that he turned in such an impressive performance last year, otherwise he never would have landed in the Big Apple, right?  I mean, it WAS an impressive performance, right?

Voth never wrote for Cat Scratch Reader.  He started Black and Blue Review after previously being the sports reporter for WSOC.

Do you have better sources than he and Person?

As to Shula, well his performance was impressive enough to get him a job where he won't be calling plays...after two other guys passed on it.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Voth never wrote for Cat Scratch Reader.  He started Black and Blue Review after previously being the sports reporter for WSOC.

Do you have better sources than he and Person?

As to Shula, well his performance was impressive enough to get him a job where he won't be calling plays...after two other guys passed on it.

Did so.  Ask Jack Finney.  He wasn't there long though, to be fair.

I have no sources, just think it's funny that of all the people Pat Shurmer could have tapped for his OC, he chooses a guy his new boss supposedly wanted fired.  

9 hours ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Byrd and or Wright may be the one of the cut targets if we keep 5 and not 6 WR's.

No way one of the brightest flashes of receiving and returning talent this team has had in a long while gets cut. Ima  be real pissed if he gets cut.

8 hours ago, steven8989 said:

So what position is DJ Moore playing if Samuel is in the slot. What I've been reading they say Moore is better for slot than outside. Sounds like we have a bunch of slot wrs 

It seemed like most people saying that were just saying it because of his size, or suggesting that he would see more of his time in the slot as a rookie because it is easier, but the guy can play outside (and neither guy is going to be on the field for 100% of snaps, so there is room to share).  If Samuel is playing particularly well in the slot it may mean Moore spends more time on the outside, which honestly I prefer because that is where he'll be long term and he might as well get started now and take some lumps here and there if necessary.

22 hours ago, tiger7_88 said:

That's the same uncreative, predictable Shula that Rivera insisted upon keeping around for years and years and years and years, right?

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

Yup, same Shula that cost us a Lombardi by being totally outcoached by Wade Phillips.

On 5/30/2018 at 7:59 PM, Cyberjag said:

Did so.  Ask Jack Finney.  He wasn't there long though, to be fair.

I have no sources, just think it's funny that of all the people Pat Shurmer could have tapped for his OC, he chooses a guy his new boss supposedly wanted fired.  

People only speculate that Gettleman wanted him fired because it supports their narrative that he's was infallible and Rivera is incompetent. It goes against logic. If all they wanted was a guy to assist Shurmer they could have found someone other than the guy Gettleman wanted fired. 3rd, 4th, 5th choice he wouldn't have been up for Shula if he had been trying to convince Rivera to fire him. All logic points to the other angle to this. 

Archived