• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel might be the breakout player this year

Jeremy Igo

47 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

That's the same uncreative, predictable Shula that Rivera insisted upon keeping around for years and years and years and years, right?

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

Rivera fired him when Gettleman left. Then Gettleman hired him. Think about it.

17 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

A healthy Samuel is arguably one of our top talented WRs on this team.

At the least, he’s our best route runner. i’m very excited.

You really think that? Even over some the vets that they brought in, Samuel is the best NFL route runner on the team?

Not arguing, just asking because I don't know but it seems like a bold statement. 

20 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

That thought had not yet occurred to me...

None of us really know what goes on inside the organization, despite wild claims that they do.

1 hour ago, dpm0409 said:

So does Curtis or DJ end up having more receiving yards this year?  Just posing the question for fun because I was thinking about it and honestly am not sure?

I understand Moore was a first rounder and expectations are high for all first rounders but people forget Curtis was a high second rounder last year. Not even picked that much later than Moore. Our WR group is completely stacked now with young talent (Funch, Samuel, Byrd, Moore) and also vets (Funch counts here too, Torrey and Wright).

No idea how to predict the stats of these guys but with Norv running the show and this group of guys I think it’s safe to say Cam will be an MVP candidate.

55 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I heard Steve Smith talking about Samuel a couple weeks ago and he put it like this: It takes most college WRs 3 years to learn a NFL system and make a real impact. It would take at least that for a hybrid WR/RB to get it down. Throw in a lost year for injury and anyone putting serious expectations on Samuel this year is being unrealistic. Guess we will see. 

He was looking good in the Dolphins game till he got hurt. I think it's all about how the player prepares him self. I think he will look really good this year.

49 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

I heard Steve Smith talking about Samuel a couple weeks ago and he put it like this: It takes most college WRs 3 years to learn a NFL system and make a real impact. It would take at least that for a hybrid WR/RB to get it down. Throw in a lost year for injury and anyone putting serious expectations on Samuel this year is being unrealistic. Guess we will see. 

It's not serious expectations it's called production. Based off what we've seen already played well by week 11 and also has a excellent health track record up until last year. My serious expectations are produce when called upon he'll be in rotation, you think it's to much to expect him to make plays when given the chance consistently? 

18 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

That is crazy like wtf Getts playing mind games on the league. I can't understand this move but he always makes crazy decisions imo i.e. He cut B Marsh then signs Russell S I'm glad for our match up this year lol. 

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

I expect Samuel and Byrd to be good WR's in this league. With DJ arriving I'm afraid we'll end up losing one of them.

I don't think so especially not a second round pick this early. And we've seen Byrd and with just yesterday's practice I'm willing to say unless the unlucky football gods strike us lol he's on the team and getting reps. Fun is on his last year I want him back but his preformances this year mean everything to an extension etc.

1 minute ago, trucpfan said:

It's not serious expectations it's called production. Based off what we've seen already played well by week 11 and also has a excellent health track record up until last year. My serious expectations are produce when called upon he'll be in rotation, you think it's to much to expect him to make plays when given the chance consistently? 

When did I imply that or even give an opinion on the topic at all?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

GMs don't hire assistant coaches. Head coaches do.

I know this.  But underlings tend to let their superior's opinions influence their decisions.  In this context, if Gettleman was singing Shula's praises while RR debated replacing him, that probably would have had an effect.  I'm decidedly not saying that this happened, but the timeline certainly invites some speculation.

Archived