• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel might be the breakout player this year

Jeremy Igo

More impressed with Samuel this second week of practice than the first. I had low expectations, I figured he would be mainly working with trainers. But his light work load last week increased yesterday. Norv looks like he knows what to do with Samuel, unlike Shula who Rivera even admitted late in the year had no idea how to use him.

Samuel has been working as a pure speed threat, mainly in the slot, and is getting behind defenders with ease. If he can be full go at training camp, watch out.

For the record, I feel like a lot of his injury issues last year stemmed from him transitioning from a RB hybrid to a WR. It takes time for your body to adjust to the new actions being performed. Samuel since has slimmed down a bit and looks more the part of a WR.

Carolina-Panthers.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Shula who Rivera even admitted late in the year had no idea how to use him.

That's the same uncreative, predictable Shula that Rivera insisted upon keeping around for years and years and years and years, right?

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

I heard Steve Smith talking about Samuel a couple weeks ago and he put it like this: It takes most college WRs 3 years to learn a NFL system and make a real impact. It would take at least that for a hybrid WR/RB to get it down. Throw in a lost year for injury and anyone putting serious expectations on Samuel this year is being unrealistic. Guess we will see. 

He was looking so good in that Dolphins game, like it was all finally starting to click. Then that damn dropped ball and ensuing injury, ugh. 

If Curtis plays against the Saints that's a completely different game. 

A starting lineup of Funch + Samuel + Moore is the thing adult dreams are made of. 

23 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

That's the same uncreative, predictable Shula that Rivera insisted upon keeping around for years and years and years and years, right?

Charlton-Heston-Crazy-laughing.gif

This whole demanding excellence thing from Tepper is going to cost Rivera his job, and I absolutely cannot wait.  

9 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I think a lot of speculation on our receivers should come with a grain of salt. Reason I say this is we have the worst secondary in the league.

First of all we haven't started playing games so all we have is what they look like on paper. Second we have pretty decent corners. The safeties are still up for debate but I think we will be much better than last year simply with a better scheme.  Wilks didn't do the secondary any favors last year.

Archived