• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel ....

Jeremy Igo

On 5/22/2018 at 4:02 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Physically , Samuel looked like a running back.

This year he is built more like a receiver. Looks like he has slimmed down quite a bit. 

Intentional or result of the injury?

Pics or it didn't happen.

21 hours ago, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Random and completely unrelated, but I went to dinner and a Migos concert with Nelson Agholor and some other Eagles this past weekend. Nelson was super personable, easy going, and more than generous in taking care of me at dinner. Big fan of his now as I was pre-draft. 

He always seemed like a genuinely good guy. 

On 5/22/2018 at 4:11 PM, RumHam said:

I have a feeling because he was Gettleman's guy, Samuel will be on the outside looking in. And Byrd will be on PS. We have too many receivers. Hopefully Samuel will be open on deep throws.

not if he plays well...not buying the G-man guy theory...

Take a look at a year ago.  Imagine you are a defensive coordinator for our foe. (yes, foe).  Funchess/Benjamin--are you really worried about getting beat deep?  Are you really worried about the flats?  Easy to shadow Cam and blitz when you only have to cover the intermediate routes and Olsen.  Heck, the year before, we did not even have a RB threat as a receiver....How hard was the passing game for Cam?

Now we can stretch the field with most of our WRs--they have to cover the flats, the backs out of the backfield, the digs and the drags.  And we have 2 TEs (hopefully) that can make plays as well as block.  Our running game has been terrible (without Cam) and there is reason to believe it is better with CMC and our new additions.  Notice that the RBs are receivers too.  Cam now has weapons.  As I started this sentence, images of Matt Kalil and Amini Silatolu flashed across my vision, but I hope this leads to fewer sacks and reasons for Cam to run.

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Take a look at a year ago.  Imagine you are a defensive coordinator for our foe. (yes, foe).  Funchess/Benjamin--are you really worried about getting beat deep?  Are you really worried about the flats?  Easy to shadow Cam and blitz when you only have to cover the intermediate routes and Olsen.  Heck, the year before, we did not even have a RB threat as a receiver....How hard was the passing game for Cam?

Now we can stretch the field with most of our WRs--they have to cover the flats, the backs out of the backfield, the digs and the drags.  And we have 2 TEs (hopefully) that can make plays as well as block.  Our running game has been terrible (without Cam) and there is reason to believe it is better with CMC and our new additions.  Notice that the RBs are receivers too.  Cam now has weapons.  As I started this sentence, images of Matt Kalil and Amini Silatolu flashed across my vision, but I hope this leads to fewer sacks and reasons for Cam to run.

Agreed. On paper we have a nice diversity of offensive players and a coordinator who should have a much better grasp of what to do with them. 

On 5/22/2018 at 4:02 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Physically , Samuel looked like a running back.

This year he is built more like a receiver. Looks like he has slimmed down quite a bit. 

Intentional or result of the injury?

I would believe most players slight of frame will lose mass if they are injured. If he overeats during his injury, he gains fat and loses muscle mass. Eating at a deficit may allow him to not gain fat, while losing some muscle mass. That mass can be added back easier than trying to add mass and burn extra weight in fat off. Thus, when healthy he can worry only about working out and adding muscle mass back. 

On 5/22/2018 at 10:16 PM, OnlyPantherFaninMaine said:

Random and completely unrelated, but I went to dinner and a Migos concert with Nelson Agholor and some other Eagles this past weekend. Nelson was super personable, easy going, and more than generous in taking care of me at dinner. Big fan of his now as I was pre-draft. 

Did you put out???

Archived