• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Curtis Samuel ....

Jeremy Igo

16 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

Torry Holt talks about the prototype WR is thin in the waistline for movement/balance in route running. My only real concern with DJ Moore making it is that he has more of that running back build which may make it difficulty for him in routes.

The best WR by far in Panthers' franchise history was built similarly. Seriously, in terms of build Moore basically looks like a six foot tall version of Smitty.

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The best WR by far in Panthers' franchise history was built similarly. Seriously, in terms of build Moore basically looks like a six foot tall version of Smitty.

have any of you noticed how much trouble Marty Hurney has when he says this word. It's hilarious 

2 hours ago, KendrickPanther said:

Torry Holt talks about the prototype WR is thin in the waistline for movement/balance in route running. My only real concern with DJ Moore making it is that he has more of that running back build which may make it difficulty for him in routes.

I haven’t seen anything regarding DJ’s frame that would limit his ability to run the route tree.

His college production/combine = high level athlete.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

DJ looks like 34 year old Steve Smith Build. Compare Rookie DJ Moore to Rookie Steve Smith.... nothing similar in appearance. I'm not saying DJ Moore is a bad player but he is not the prototype player.

5 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

DJ looks like 34 year old Steve Smith Build. Compare Rookie DJ Moore to Rookie Steve Smith.... nothing similar in appearance. I'm not saying DJ Moore is a bad player but he is not the prototype player.

I don't care about prototype. Smitty was far from a prototypical outside NFL WR. Josh Norman was far from a prototypical athlete for an NFL CB. Sam Mills was way too small to play LB in the NFL.

At the end of the day, can you play or not? That's really all that matters. I get all the "prototype" stuff when it comes to judging prospects. It's hard as hell trying to project guys to the next level as is so it's always a bit of a hedge of your bet to go with someone who has prototypical measurables. But none of that matters once you're in the league.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't care about prototype. Smitty was far from a prototypical outside NFL WR. Josh Norman was far from a prototypical athlete for an NFL CB. Sam Mills was way too small to play LB in the NFL.

At the end of the day, can you play or not? That's really all that matters. I get all the "prototype" stuff when it comes to judging prospects. It's hard as hell trying to project guys to the next level as is so it's always a bit of a hedge of your bet to go with someone who has prototypical measurables. But none of that matters once you're in the league.

Yeah ok. He's still not a prototype and route running will be a challenge for him compared to prototypes. Not sure why you're bothering to argue with me.

3 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

Yeah ok. He's still not a prototype and route running will be a challenge for him compared to prototypes. Not sure why you're bothering to argue with me.

You're arguing about point that no one has tried to make. No one on this thread has said that he has a prototypical WR body type. I simply said he has a similar body type to our franchise's GOAT WR. Because he does.

5 hours ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

He'll be on the roster this year. He will be our version of Nelson Agholor 

Random and completely unrelated, but I went to dinner and a Migos concert with Nelson Agholor and some other Eagles this past weekend. Nelson was super personable, easy going, and more than generous in taking care of me at dinner. Big fan of his now as I was pre-draft. 

Archived