• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Doomsday in Reverse?

PntherPryd

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/10/16/2101272.aspx

Is the future trying to save us from ourselves? A series of scientific papers that have been kicking around for a couple of years suggest that if the Large Hadron Collider ever were to find something that shattered the cosmos, the future universe might protect itself by sending a backward-causality wave to break the LHC, or at least warn us.

Sure enough, the LHC is broken - leading The New York Times' Dennis Overbye to wonder half-jokingly whether there was something to the claim after all.

Does that sound spooky? What if I told you that the idea of going back in time to derail out a world-ending particle collider goes back even farther, to a novel written about the fate of the long-canceled Superconducting Super Collider? And that the author of that book is a physicist who has been conducting research into ... backward causality?

To quote the actor Keanu Reeves, who has appeared in a couple of time-travel sagas himself: "Whooooa!" And just in time for Halloween!

Time travel is not possible...

Because if it was, why don't people from the future come back to prevent some of the problems in the world today?

Don't give me the "Because it would change their future" line either, because that's an easy copout...and if it were true, people in the future are just as big of assholes as people today... I doubt that is the case...

Time travel is not possible...

Because if it was, why don't people from the future come back to prevent some of the problems in the world today?

Don't give me the "Because it would change their future" line either, because that's an easy copout...and if it were true, people in the future are just as big of assholes as people today... I doubt that is the case...

man I wish time travel was possible....Mega Millions FTW

Hellz yes biznatch!

You and me both... Powerball FTW...

Hindsight is 20/20 though, and just further evidence that going back to the past, even in the future, is not possible...

you sir are wrong about time travel I know it for a fact...want to know how I know this?:

Archived