• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Jordan vs Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

If you look at the regular season per game averages for Cam Jordan and Julius Peppers, the differences are pretty stark. The only statistical categories (of Sacks, Tackles, Forced Fumbles, Fumble Recoveries, Pass Deflections, Interceptions and Defensive Touchdowns) which Jordan is likely to surpass Peppers in his career are Tackles and Pass Deflections. 

This is the breakdown of how many games it would take him to equal Peppers current totals.

Sacks - 178.8 games(11.17 seasons)

Tackles - 106.4 games(6.65 seasons)

Forced Fumbles - 535.1(33.4 seasons)

Fumble Recoveries - 168 games(10.5 seasons)

Pass Deflections - 101.1 games(6.3 seasons)

Interceptions - 504 games(31.5 seasons)

Defensive Touchdowns - 560 games(35 seasons)

Nice breakdown.  Id say ...good luck to almost all those.  Comparing a first ballot hall of famer to a guy who could possibly be in the HOF one day...well...come'on.  Honestly I am not a huge Peppers fan or anything but the dude is a baller and when he was in his prime could cause absolute havok.  Would I take Peppers over any DE to ever play the game?...well doubtfully....would I take Jordan over Peppers in his prime...not a chance in hell.  Anyone who isn't a Saints fan would say the same thing.

Archived