• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Jordan vs Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

54 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

It's my angry little friend. How are you buddy?

In 2008, was Pep a HOFer? Or did he build that over a 16 year career?

In their best seasons, I'm taking Cam, as a better all around DE.

Doing good, but this post is going to get you roasted. Peppers has 10 or more sacks 10 out of 16 years and only one season under 7 sacks. Can Jordan is going on his eighth year and only has 3 years over ten sacks. Peppers 11 int to Jordan's 2. Hate to tell you but Peppers is the one of the best all around DE's of all time. Lmao CJ will never get there. Nice to hear one of your dumb posts again though

48 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

people are going to call you a troll for this post but i believe you're stupid enough to believe this

I'm glad that you have faith in me.

10 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Doing good, but this post is going to get you roasted. Peppers has 10 or more sacks 10 out of 16 years and only one season under 7 sacks. Can Jordan is going on his eighth year and only has 3 years over ten sacks. Peppers 11 int to Jordan's 2. Hate to tell you but Peppers is the one of the best all around DE's of all time. Lmao CJ will never get there. Nice to hear one of your dumb posts again though

Going into his 8th year is 7 years lol. Don't try to make the number seem higher. Through their 7th seasons, Pep had 11 more sacks than Jordan. Jordan is also one of, if not the best run defending DEs in football. You keep Pep. I'll keep Cam. We'll both be happy.

5 hours ago, Snake said:

I'm not making things up. Everyone of those DEs were miles better than Jordan. I was just pointing out that stats can be misleading. Your defense was hot garbage for most of his career so he got a bunch of snaps. Our defense has been top 15 for the past decade. We have better players overall so less chances at the QB. Our defense is so good that you had to take two of our castaways just to field a decent unit yourself. 

This is a new level of stupid. Stop 

2 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Geez what's been going on with Saints fans today.

First, I meet a Saints fan on twitter who said this:

And actually thinks that Cam Newton benefited from his supporting cast while Drew Brees had to carry the Saints lmfao.

Now this garbage that you'd rather take a Cam Jordan over peak Julius Peppers lol.

7 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Geez what's been going on with Saints fans today.

First, I meet a Saints fan on twitter who said this:

And actually thinks that Cam Newton benefited from his supporting cast while Drew Brees had to carry the Saints lmfao.

Now this garbage that you'd rather take a Cam Jordan over peak Julius Peppers lol.

I thought Cam played phenomenal in the WC game. Maybe his best game of the season. Ball placement was perfect. Great decisions. Hell of a game. 

It's only garbage because you schmucks don't watch enough Cam Jordan and his name doesn't get said enough. Dude plays 99% of the defensive snaps, every year. He doesn't come off the field. He's arguably the best run defending DE in football. He's always at the top of the league in pressures, but hasn't always been able to convert them to sacks because of horrendous secondary play. Years like last year and 2013, when the back end held up, his sack numbers go up. 

Cam is an absolute monster and is criminally underrated, even after an All Pro season in which he garnered DPOY love. Do I think he's higher on the All-time list than Pep? Hell naw. Pep been doing this poo my entire adult life lol. But if I'm taking Cams best season or Peps best season, I'm taking Cam. Shoot me lol.

3 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

GTFOH.....LMAOOOOO.

4 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Peppers is arguably one of the best defensive ends of this modern generation (hell one of the best defensive players ) but the Saints fan on a Panthers message board says his defensive end is better because Saint Fan......Jesus Christ.  * Face / Palm

3 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I'm glad that you have faith in me.

Going into his 8th year is 7 years lol. Don't try to make the number seem higher. Through their 7th seasons, Pep had 11 more sacks than Jordan. Jordan is also one of, if not the best run defending DEs in football. You keep Pep. I'll keep Cam. We'll both be happy.

Hey dude he has played seven years and is going into his eighth year. Can you not understand that? So Pep is a 9x pro bowler and Cam is a 3x pro bowler. He also had two less sacks in his 16th year and played half the snaps. Yeah you can keep Jordan.

If you look at the regular season per game averages for Cam Jordan and Julius Peppers, the differences are pretty stark. The only statistical categories (of Sacks, Tackles, Forced Fumbles, Fumble Recoveries, Pass Deflections, Interceptions and Defensive Touchdowns) which Jordan is likely to surpass Peppers in his career are Tackles and Pass Deflections. 

This is the breakdown of how many games it would take him to equal Peppers current totals.

Sacks - 178.8 games(11.17 seasons)

Tackles - 106.4 games(6.65 seasons)

Forced Fumbles - 535.1(33.4 seasons)

Fumble Recoveries - 168 games(10.5 seasons)

Pass Deflections - 101.1 games(6.3 seasons)

Interceptions - 504 games(31.5 seasons)

Defensive Touchdowns - 560 games(35 seasons)

Archived