• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Jordan vs Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

The technique In that clip is horrifying.

Kalil's center of gravity is headed backward from the moment he pulls out of his stance. His shoulders are back rather than forward. He's basically set up to be knocked over.

Hate to say it, but on that play he looks more like a stuntman getting set up to take a fall than an offensive lineman anchoring to make a block.

I get why this is used to show that Cam Jordan is good, but honestly Kalil did so poorly there that it wouldn't have taken a great defensive lineman to get past him on that play.

Really hope that gets fixed.

With 4 years of HS football(at OL and DL), 5 years at USC as an OT and 6 years in the NFL as an OT......do you really think he is likely to fix any of his obvious issues? And keep in mind his "performances" last year were supposedly with the hype of him being the healthiest he had been in his NFL career.

Be honest.

17 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah, man those crazy Huddlers...nevermind that he was actually objectively selected as an All-Pro by the Associated Press. But stupid Huddle spewing a bunch of homer nonsense...I mean just look at that one clip!!

Hahahahahaha one clip critics buck the ap who vote.

16 hours ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

I agree. His success is tied directly to Trai and TE helping him. I think Trai not being so good this year compared to years past is a direct result of him having to help Williams so much.

I'm not sure about that I do know I can recall plays where he was handled one on one so I can't say that Williams had anything to do with that.

13 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

If it was up to me i would roll with

LT- MOTON

LG- MAHON

C- KALIL

RG-TURNER

RT-WILLIAMS

And wouldn't look back.

Can we fax this in to stubborn Ron? I'd be ecstatic for a line up or something similar trying any G if Mahon can't cut it. We just can't put Sila next to Kalil with all these dam weapons.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Only reason Johnson has less is because we usually rest our starters after the game is put away. That and we have multiple people who can get to the QB as well. Sans last year your defense spent a ton of time on the field so more opportunities as well as not having a quality line means Jordan had to be on the field more. 

And after all this said. Last year you still struggled to beat us the last two games with Cam throwing to basically high school wide outs and a OC who Ray Charles could see what's comes. Like I said rude awaking this year. I will never argue the talent of Brees and Kamara with you but I don't think it will be enough. 

Now you're just making poo up. All of them were more dominant than Jordan vs the Saints, until I showed you statistics, then they just weren't as dominant because they didn't have as many opportunities. 

Yes, I know. Panthers lost 3 times but were clearly the better team and improved greatly this offseason, while the Saints stayed the same or got worse. I got it. You've been beating that drum for a while.

25 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Now you're just making poo up. All of them were more dominant than Jordan vs the Saints, until I showed you statistics, then they just weren't as dominant because they didn't have as many opportunities. 

Yes, I know. Panthers lost 3 times but were clearly the better team and improved greatly this offseason, while the Saints stayed the same or got worse. I got it. You've been beating that drum for a while.

I'm not making things up. Everyone of those DEs were miles better than Jordan. I was just pointing out that stats can be misleading. Your defense was hot garbage for most of his career so he got a bunch of snaps. Our defense has been top 15 for the past decade. We have better players overall so less chances at the QB. Our defense is so good that you had to take two of our castaways just to field a decent unit yourself. 

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

I'm not making things up. Everyone of those DEs were miles better than Jordan. I was just pointing out that stats can be misleading. Your defense was hot garbage for most of his career so he got a bunch of snaps. Our defense has been top 15 for the past decade. We have better players overall so less chances at the QB. Our defense is so good that you had to take two of our castaways just to field a decent unit yourself. 

El oh el. 

Just.

Lol.

I'll give you Peppers, because he's been doing it forever and a day. As a pure pass rusher, you can have him, even though he's only had 2 season at or above Cams career high in sacks. As an all around DE, I'm taking Cam. 

I'm not even wasting my time comparing the other 2. 1 played for like 4 years and the other has 8 more sacks in over 30 more games lol. Neither can hold Cams jockstrap.

20 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

El oh el. 

Just.

Lol.

I'll give you Peppers, because he's been doing it forever and a day. As a pure pass rusher, you can have him, even though he's only had 2 season at or above Cams career high in sacks. As an all around DE, I'm taking Cam. 

I'm not even wasting my time comparing the other 2. 1 played for like 4 years and the other has 8 more sacks in over 30 more games lol. Neither can hold Cams jockstrap.

The only reason you're going El oh El is because you know I'm right. Jordan was at his peak last year and has maybe had as good a career as Johnson at that time. Both Greg Hardy and Peppers have had better with the same time. Facts are facts. I'm going to enjoy the real Cam burning you guys while Poe and KK plaster Brees. 

33 minutes ago, Snake said:

The only reason you're going El oh El is because you know I'm right. Jordan was at his peak last year and has maybe had as good a career as Johnson at that time. Both Greg Hardy and Peppers have had better with the same time. Facts are facts. I'm going to enjoy the real Cam burning you guys while Poe and KK plaster Brees. 

I'm LOLing because you know Panthers football, and that's it. Even that's questionable, because of your blind homerism.

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

With 4 years of HS football(at OL and DL), 5 years at USC as an OT and 6 years in the NFL as an OT......do you really think he is likely to fix any of his obvious issues? And keep in mind his "performances" last year were supposedly with the hype of him being the healthiest he had been in his NFL career.

Be honest.

I wouldn't put money on it.

That said, Tiki Barber corrected a longtime fumbling problem on the advice of one coach (Tom Coughlin).

So it's at least possible even if not probable.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't put money on it.

That said, Tiki Barber corrected a longtime fumbling problem on the advice of one coach (Tom Coughlin).

So it's at least possible even if not probable.

I am not sure Kalil's problems are as easy to fix. And this is with an OL coach that gets lauded in this forum often, mind you. 

I think he is what he is at this point. But, I will happily eat crow if he even makes it to being an average LT.

2 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

El oh el. 

Just.

Lol.

Cam Jordan over JP you're full of sh*t. Peppers is going to be a HOF and Jordan won't even come close. Damn you need to go to another forum ur garbage.

14 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Cam Jordan over JP you're full of sh*t. Peppers is going to be a HOF and Jordan won't even come close. Damn you need to go to another forum ur garbage.

It's my angry little friend. How are you buddy?

In 2008, was Pep a HOFer? Or did he build that over a 16 year career?

In their best seasons, I'm taking Cam, as a better all around DE.

Archived