• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Jordan vs Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

35 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

I'm failing to see the correlation. 

You would but that's ok it's not easy for everyone. Enjoy your one season because it's back in the driver's seat this year for us. 

9 hours ago, Snake said:

You would but that's ok it's not easy for everyone. Enjoy your one season because it's back in the driver's seat this year for us. 

Are you talking about the 2 interceptions back in 2012? I think DB vs WR is a little different, but you can roll that way if you'd like. I was simply talking about tape of 1 play, there's really no shame in Jordan beating you, for either tackle. I can show play after play after play of Jordan ragdolling olineman. He just never gets talked about because he played on a terrible defense forever. 

Kalil may be terrible, but it's not because of this video. I posted the video of Williams because he's a second team All Pro tackle and Jordan whooped him too. It was a show of respect. Not sure how you took it any other way.

2 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Are you talking about the 2 interceptions back in 2012? I think DB vs WR is a little different, but you can roll that way if you'd like. I was simply talking about tape of 1 play, there's really no shame in Jordan beating you, for either tackle. I can show play after play after play of Jordan ragdolling olineman. He just never gets talked about because he played on a terrible defense forever. 

Kalil may be terrible, but it's not because of this video. I posted the video of Williams because he's a second team All Pro tackle and Jordan whooped him too. It was a show of respect. Not sure how you took it any other way.

Jordan had one good year against us. Just one, and you act like he has dominated us for years. You know like we have you guys with real All Pro DEs like Peppers, Johnson, and Hardy. Like I said we will be back this year and want forget what a average DE did to us and how much crap he talked afterwards. 

The technique In that clip is horrifying.

Kalil's center of gravity is headed backward from the moment he pulls out of his stance. His shoulders are back rather than forward. He's basically set up to be knocked over.

Hate to say it, but on that play he looks more like a stuntman getting set up to take a fall than an offensive lineman anchoring to make a block.

I get why this is used to show that Cam Jordan is good, but honestly Kalil did so poorly there that it wouldn't have taken a great defensive lineman to get past him on that play.

Really hope that gets fixed.

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Jordan had one good year against us. Just one, and you act like he has dominated us for years. You know like we have you guys with real All Pro DEs like Peppers, Johnson, and Hardy. Like I said we will be back this year and want forget what a average DE did to us and how much crap he talked afterwards. 

Jordan has 9 sacks in his career vs the Panthers. Johnson, in 4 more years of play, has 5 vs the Saints. Hardy had 4 sacks. Peppers has 5. Lol. Yeah. Dominating for years.

Again, that's not what I said. I was talking on these per play examples. 

12 minutes ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Jordan has 9 sacks in his career vs the Panthers. Johnson, in 4 more years of play, has 5 vs the Saints.

Again, that's not what I said. I was talking on these per play examples. 

Only reason Johnson has less is because we usually rest our starters after the game is put away. That and we have multiple people who can get to the QB as well. Sans last year your defense spent a ton of time on the field so more opportunities as well as not having a quality line means Jordan had to be on the field more. 

And after all this said. Last year you still struggled to beat us the last two games with Cam throwing to basically high school wide outs and a OC who Ray Charles could see what's comes. Like I said rude awaking this year. I will never argue the talent of Brees and Kamara with you but I don't think it will be enough. 

Archived