• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Jordan vs Matt Kalil

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Dudes just good. And I agree he'll be a huge asset to help Davenport with his hands. Dudes got the best dline hands in football. 

But the huddle assured me Darryl Williams was an All Pro

Smh, I was optimistic until those images brought me back to earth. I know Matsko is the lineman whisperer but you gotta know when to fold. 

Our Oline = Matt Kalil (Garbage), Amini (More Garbage), Ryan Kalil (Good when healthy - Seldom healthy + Last Year of career), Trai Turner (Good), Williams (The bright spot).

The OC Effect:

IMO there is NO WAY IN HELL Norv Turner came back to coaching with the intention of running his offensive scheme with Amini starting next to Matt Kalil.. One weak link you can scheme around as he should be familiar w/ Matt from his Minn days. Having 2 on the same side with a possible question mark in the middle is a different story. Some changes will be made by game 1. At the least Moton will get the nod at guard.

What good are all the resources we've put at WR and RB the last couple years if the oline is trash. We had 11 wins last year with a Shula, an injured Qb, a horrible secondary, a declining RB, and a Kalil at LT (mind blowing). That LT also had an All Pro with a mean streak next to him ....now that projection is Amini. I just don't think the "Riverboat" wants to take that risk. Of the above 5 setbacks we endured last season, 4 have been upgraded this offseason. All that said, hopefully by this season's start our LT situation(or the left side for that matter) will either look or perform better than we all expected.

43 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Yeah, man those crazy Huddlers...nevermind that he was actually objectively selected as an All-Pro by the Associated Press. But stupid Huddle spewing a bunch of homer nonsense...I mean just look at that one clip!!

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

There is videos of very good Oline players getting destroyed by Dline. Just like there's video of very good Dline getting completely craped on by a Oline. 

No one is good or bad all the time it's the ability to be consitantly good vs consistently bad that makes great players. 

14 minutes ago, CarolinaSamurai said:

There is videos of very good Oline players getting destroyed by Dline. Just like there's video of very good Dline getting completely craped on by a Oline. 

No one is good or bad all the time it's the ability to be consitantly good vs consistently bad that makes great players. 

that's definitely true and fair. 

Honestly, I was stirring the pot a bit, but I do believe Williams is overrated. Is he a good player? Yes. Is he an All Pro at the position. I don't think so, and I think it would be foolish of us to pay him as such. 

8 minutes ago, SOJA said:

that's definitely true and fair. 

Honestly, I was stirring the pot a bit, but I do believe Williams is overrated. Is he a good player? Yes. Is he an All Pro at the position. I don't think so, and I think it would be foolish of us to pay him as such. 

I agree. His success is tied directly to Trai and TE helping him. I think Trai not being so good this year compared to years past is a direct result of him having to help Williams so much.

Archived